Author Topic: PHNL Lanai  (Read 2037 times)

jorg_bc

PHNL Lanai
« on: March 29, 2020, 06:53:50 pm »
 First time poster, long time user  :)

I really want to thank everyone at FSDT for their great products and the many years of enjoyment I've had. Apologies for not saying so a long time ago!
I've never had any issues with your products. Only a few questions occasionally, but was able to sort out reading through the forum.

Hawaii Vol-1, 2 & Hon installed and current, as is gsx.

Finally got around to landing in PHNL and was surprised to see gsx menu available on approach so I selected gate with marshal not but
expecting any results for this.... pleasantly surprised to find gsx vehicles at the airport.
Then I noticed the parking indicator poking out from behind the building.

:D Hawaii is very laid back but the marshal could at least come outside of the building when working...  :D   

No complaints and I do realize Lanai is not part of Vol-1 or 2, just curious about it...

Win10 pro, i7-6700k, z170-a, 16gb ddr4, 980ti, os/intel ssd, fsx/samsung ssd, fsx-gold, utx, gex, fex, utl, fsdt, gsx, carenado, realair.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHNL Lanai
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 10:29:34 am »
Hawaii is very laid back but the marshal could at least come outside of the building when working... 

There is a reason why GSX, being the flexible program that it is, allows to customize a scenery to fix all these possible issues. Since GSX doesn't read the *actual* scenery ( like buildings, objects, etc. ) but only the AFCAD, it doesn't know if something might end up inside a building, or on top of an object placed for detail.

Normally, the marshaller is placed automatically in a position that would allow you to see him depending on your eyepoint position in the cockpit, but if there's a building behind too close to the stop position, you can use the GSX parking customization page to:

- Fix the stop position

- Fix the marshaller position

Until you find a position that would result in seeing the marshaller and not having him inside the building.

jorg_bc

Re: PHNL Lanai
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 05:22:16 pm »
Thanks V, that's great to know.
Win10 pro, i7-6700k, z170-a, 16gb ddr4, 980ti, os/intel ssd, fsx/samsung ssd, fsx-gold, utx, gex, fex, utl, fsdt, gsx, carenado, realair.