Author Topic: Suggestion: Allow us to manually dismiss the fuel truck  (Read 3862 times)

captnabs

Suggestion: Allow us to manually dismiss the fuel truck
« on: December 05, 2019, 06:09:54 am »
Just a suggestion for GSX:

Allow us to manually dismiss the fuel truck. Sometimes after fueling my payware airplanes, the fuel truck won't recognize that the fuel level changed and just stays around forever, requiring me to reset GSX to actually prep for departure. I am not faulting GSX. Sometimes payware airplanes just don't want to play nice.

So once the fuel truck has arrived, replace the normal message in the GSX menu "Fuel Truck in Position" with a possible command to "Dismiss Fuel Truck" and we can then select that menu item whenever we feel that fueling is 'complete' without having to reset Couatl if the payware plane didn't play nice.

Thanks for listening!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Suggestion: Allow us to manually dismiss the fuel truck
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 11:48:32 am »
What happens if you wait until after the fuel truck is in position to change your fuel level. You can't do it before that happens.
Captain Kevin

captnabs

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 09:57:57 pm »
Yes, I wait as required. Often it works fine but sometimes it doesnt.

My point was not to remove the existing automatic dismissal when GSX rexognizes that fueling is done, but to offer an easy solution when something glitches out and the truck waits forever without recognizing that I have fueled the aircraft.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 11:39:11 pm »
Copy. I wasn't sure if you knew that or not, some people don't, so I can't assume anything.
Captain Kevin

dmelia

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 07:29:03 am »
This drives me nuts too.... lets take the A3XX pro for example... as soon as I hit the load fuel button, the fuel starts to flow long before the truck arrives, and I wait ages for the truck to complete, even though the aircraft already has the fuel I requested via the load-sheet. Also noticed, that if you put the APU on prior to boarding - which I often do - I fly in and out of Middle east countries, if the APU uses some of that fuel, the truck comes back again.

A dismiss or disconnect or manual fueling completed option would be great.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 03:07:46 pm »
as soon as I hit the load fuel button, the fuel starts to flow long before the truck arrives

That's because you haven't followed the GSX instructions that, when an airplane use a custom fuel system, requires you to load the fuel using the plane own system AFTER you see the message "Please use the refueling system of your airplane to refuel"

A dismiss or disconnect or manual fueling completed option would be great.

The "Reset position" or "Restart Couatl". They do the same thing.