Author Topic: Couatl Live Update Issue  (Read 1630 times)

itay5344

Couatl Live Update Issue
« on: March 28, 2020, 11:01:51 pm »
Hello FSDreamTeam Staff,
I changed the installation path of my sim by making uninstall and install.
After I finished with the installation of P3D I launched the FSDT/Couatl Live Update.
Every time I launched the updater it had stuck. I decided to do a complete uninstall of KORDv2, GSX v1+2, KMEM, KLAX, KSDF, KCLT, and Addon Manager.
When I started to reinstall all the products (I started with GSX) the installation always stuck.
It's seemed that the Updater download "VC Redist", but it's a bit weird because I have "VC Redist 2019" installed on my PC.
I add a screenshot of the Updater and his LOG:

Checking if Visual Studio 2013 Runtimes x86 is required (don't worry, if it's already installed or you already have a new version, it won't be reinstalled or downgraded).
DOWNLOADING Visual Studio 2013 Runtimes x86 files
DOWNLOADING file C:\Users\Itay Levi\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_2013.zip.001
CREATING Visual Studio 2013 Runtimes x86.ZIP archive
Removing temp file C:\Users\Itay Levi\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_2013.zip.001
EXTRACTING Visual Studio 2013 Runtimes x86.ZIP archive
Removing temp file C:\Users\Itay Levi\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_2013.zip
Checking if Visual Studio 2005 Runtimes x86 is required (don't worry, if it's already installed or you already have a new version, it won't be reinstalled or downgraded).
DOWNLOADING Visual Studio 2005 Runtimes x86 files
DOWNLOADING file C:\Users\Itay Levi\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86_6195.zip.001

Now I can't use any of the products that I have.
Thanks
Itay

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Live Update Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 02:11:14 pm »
It's seemed that the Updater download "VC Redist", but it's a bit weird because I have "VC Redist 2019" installed on my PC.

As explained so many times on the forum, and as clearly indicated in the screenshot you posted, if you have any of the VC runtimes installed, they won't be reinstalled or downgraded.

However, in order to know this, the installer must launch the MS installers, so they will be downloaded and started anyway. This because, from the installer, we don't try to detect if you need them or not, it's useless, since this job is done by the MS VC installers so, it would be useless to duplicate in our code what the MS installer already do, surely more reliably than we would ever do.

That's why:

- the installer doesn't try to detect if you need the runtimes or not. It just download them all and start them all.

- the VC installers themselves are able to recognize if you need a real installation or not.

If the appear "stuck", it might just because they are taking more time to DETECT if you need a reinstall or not. Again, nothing of our code is running at that stage, it's the MS installer itself doing all the work.

You can try again after a Windows restart.