Author Topic: GSX, couatl etc not showing, P3DV4.5  (Read 3756 times)

n452mk

GSX, couatl etc not showing, P3DV4.5
« on: March 28, 2020, 07:48:49 pm »
Hello guys,

Second time I post this, disclaimer, I support FSDT 100% I have ALL your airports and GSX2 now, however something is not correct here, the gsx, coault or however is is not showing, I do updates constantly and then will work for few flights on go, I have the folder on my security windows defender, I do not use any antivirus, etc so whats going on now??? I was using it fine for months and now is like on and off, can anyone help finally please? did the updates and will show then off again, something is wrong but I dont have a clue why, none of my fsdt airports will show obviously when the gsx is not showing so wth is going on, I have my serials correct all is active, please help, thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX, couatl etc not showing, P3DV4.5
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 02:13:36 pm »
Please clarify if:

- you are missing only the GSX menu

- you are missing the GSX and the Couatl menu

- you are missing all menus, Addon Manager, Couatl and GSX too.

In any case, the solution is always the same:

- Be ABSOLUTELY sure the Addon Manager folder you install into is added to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS. DO NOT Disable the antivirus, but add the folder the the Exclusions.

- Install the latest version of everything.

- Run the FSDT Live Update, be sure you don't have a Firewall blocking it, so it won't download the latest updates.

n452mk

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 05:05:35 am »
All menus missing, can you please tell me what folders specifically I have to excluded because was working fine for months, not sure if windows updated something and created this issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 12:36:26 am »
All menus missing

All menus missing is more likely a problem with your Visual Studio C++ runtimes. The Live Update downloads and install them all if they are needed but, sometimes a Windows reboot is required before they work. Have you tried that.

About the antivirus, as I've said, the folder to be added to the Exclusion list is the Addon Manager folder. By DEFAULT is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager

But this is only the default, if you chose another location, it can be anywhere you decided. Regardless where it is, that's the folder you must exclude.

n452mk

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 04:30:48 pm »
I have the same location and is already added to the exclusions, any other thing I can do? happened just now again, im doing the update again to make it work :(

sorry due work im not able to answer quick but im off today working on it, anything let me know.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 02:59:03 pm »
I have the same location and is already added to the exclusions, any other thing I can do?

The other thing to do was in my previous reply:

All menus missing is more likely a problem with your Visual Studio C++ runtimes. The Live Update downloads and install them all if they are needed but, sometimes a Windows reboot is required before they work. Have you tried that.

pilot.ds

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 08:29:55 pm »
Hello, I'm struggling with the same problem for 2 weeks, it started after updating. Problem solves by starting Live Udate, but it works only for one PC work session, the problem occures again after any reboot or PC power off. So I have to do update any time I start PC. I tried to reinstall visual c++ libraries from other installers, but there's no any result. Also I tried to update libraries and restart PC before going to sim, but it worked only once.

P.S.
There's no GSX and couatl in addons menu (in sim in upper panel), but there is always Addon Manager. And when I go to Addon Manager, I see that GSX and GSXv2 are not registered, when I press to Register Key, the messege box says that couatl isn't started. I can't start it manually, and always I can see couatl in the processes while sim is loading, but it disappears when sim is LOADED (In case if I had't started Live Update before going to simulator)

p3dx3

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 05:09:30 am »
Hello, I'm struggling with the same problem for 2 weeks, it started after updating. Problem solves by starting Live Udate, but it works only for one PC work session, the problem occures again after any reboot or PC power off. So I have to do update any time I start PC. I tried to reinstall visual c++ libraries from other installers, but there's no any result. Also I tried to update libraries and restart PC before going to sim, but it worked only once.

P.S.
There's no GSX and couatl in addons menu (in sim in upper panel), but there is always Addon Manager. And when I go to Addon Manager, I see that GSX and GSXv2 are not registered, when I press to Register Key, the messege box says that couatl isn't started. I can't start it manually, and always I can see couatl in the processes while sim is loading, but it disappears when sim is LOADED (In case if I had't started Live Update before going to simulator)

Follow my guide on reply #5 to remove add-on.cfg entries

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23288.0.html

p3dx3

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2020, 05:09:48 am »
Hello guys,

Second time I post this, disclaimer, I support FSDT 100% I have ALL your airports and GSX2 now, however something is not correct here, the gsx, coault or however is is not showing, I do updates constantly and then will work for few flights on go, I have the folder on my security windows defender, I do not use any antivirus, etc so whats going on now??? I was using it fine for months and now is like on and off, can anyone help finally please? did the updates and will show then off again, something is wrong but I dont have a clue why, none of my fsdt airports will show obviously when the gsx is not showing so wth is going on, I have my serials correct all is active, please help, thanks

Try my link above that should fix

pilot.ds

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2020, 11:03:46 am »

P.S.

There aren't these entries in add-on.cfg in ProgramData

p3dx3

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2020, 12:04:22 pm »

P.S.

There aren't these entries in add-on.cfg in ProgramData

Well sorry! I wish I can help more. You installed GSX as administrator?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2020, 04:24:00 pm »
There's no GSX and couatl in addons menu (in sim in upper panel), but there is always Addon Manager.

That's clearly the antivirus. Please disregard everything about install folders, if there were a problem with them, both the Addon Manager and Couatl would either show together, or not at all, since they are part of the same add-on.

If it's just Couatl not starting, it's not usually related to VC++ runtimes, since it uses the same as the Addon Manager so, the most common cause for just Couatl missing is:

- Antivirus. Configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning, then run the FSDT Live Update again. Try immediately after a Windows reboot.

- Firewall. Disable it, to be sure it doesn't block the Live Update, so you are not getting the latest files.