Author Topic: GSX Level2 freezing when selecting Boarding  (Read 3044 times)

teofilo

GSX Level2 freezing when selecting Boarding
« on: March 24, 2020, 01:58:59 pm »
Hi, for some reason everytime I am trying to board my PMDG 737-800 NGXu and select Boarding, GSX freezes, I don't see any couatl.exe process anymore and everything just stays like that.
GSX menu doesn't work, etc. It works fine to move jetways, stairs, etc but as soon as I select Start boarding everything freezes. Even I try to restart couatl.exe through the menu, disable GSX nothing happens.

Where can I find logs on what is happening?
Let me know.

Teo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Level2 freezing when selecting Boarding
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 03:36:49 pm »
Where can I find logs on what is happening?

In the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG file, assuming you have enabled Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings.

JPL19

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 02:53:25 pm »
I just had the same experience.  Trying to start or reset coutl or gsx or call menu would result in nothing.  Catering trucks were froze in place, passengers stuck on jetway and just inside AC door not moving.  I pushed away from gate using default pushback which was also acting strange, and after level off at FL370 cabin boarding sounds started playing (maybe from Fs2Crew which seemed to function ok). ???

No log will check next start. 

Using the -800 NGXu at MPTO with FS2Crew, P3Dv4.5.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 03:01:48 pm »
No log will check next start.  

In the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG file, assuming you have enabled Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 04:31:21 pm by virtuali »

JPL19

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 03:13:02 pm »
The problem repeats at this airport. 

Even after closing P3D COUATL remains active in task manager with sounds continuing and using 33% CPU.

I set logging to enabled.  The logging appears to have stopped at the time I started boarding.  I see no obvious error messages.  There is a Couatl.err file, but, it is old from January.  The forum board won't allow log files - I can rename and attach if it helps.

May be something unique to this airport add on, found this: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19863.0.html .  My first problem was with MPTO add-on with no mods, second one was with the config file referenced in that thread.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 04:31:45 pm »
The forum board won't allow log files - I can rename and attach if it helps.

ZIP it.

JPL19

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 01:10:35 am »
Log file attached in zip format.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 03:19:50 pm »
First thing to do, remove your airplane customization file here:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali/Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGXu SSW\gsx.cfg

Because the 737 NGXu is fully supported by GSX internally, so it doesn't require any customization, and then try again.

JPL19

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 12:36:30 am »
Ok, removed files as indicated.

Problem persists and seems to be an issue with the add-on airport possibly.  I tried the FSL 319 and it froze during boarding as well at MPTO.

Tried two other add on airports and in both cases boarding went fine (NGXu 800).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 12:57:36 am »
Problem persists and seems to be an issue with the add-on airport possibly.  I tried the FSL 319 and it froze during boarding as well at MPTO.

Try to remove your custom customization too:

AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/GSX\mpto-mb0eib.ini

JPL19

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 03:25:27 pm »
The problem was happening before I started using that customization, but, I tried again without it and the problem persists.

It does seem limited to maybe one terminal or group of gates.  I tried a gate at a different terminal and boarding proceeded normally both with and without the customization, as soon as I went back to a gate at the first terminal (the newer one in real world) problem happens again.  There are almost 60 gates so I can not try them all. 

The developer released an updated AFCAD due to some users experiencing mesh problems (I had none) - this problem occurs with both the original and their updated AFCAD.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2020, 03:32:48 pm »
It's possible the scenery AFCAD still has mistakes, like unconnected nodes, missing links, orphaned parkings, etc. Try to open it with ADE, and run the "Fault Finder" tool, and see if it reports anything of interest.