Author Topic: GSX seems to be conflicting with Active sky (P3D V4)  (Read 1711 times)

hashnex

GSX seems to be conflicting with Active sky (P3D V4)
« on: March 25, 2020, 06:13:27 pm »
I am having an issue with the GSX. It works fine at the start but As soon as i start the active sky menu "pop-up" the GSX menu disappears and does not start after that.   If i dont use the active sky menu it works fine.

I have done the following with no luck.

1. dll.xml and exe.xml delete

2. Reinstall GSX,  update fsdt

3. Reinstall Active sky

Any help here would be great. 

hashnex

Re: GSX seems to be conflicting with Active sky (P3D V4)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 07:04:01 pm »
the issue seems little different now. 

GSX works but when i start the active sky weather it replaces the popup window of gsx and gsx window doesnt appear after that ....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 03:11:43 pm »
There are no problems whatsoever between GSX and Active Sky. Of course, if there are some hotkeys in conflict, you must be sure no hotkey is shaded by any add-on.

It's up to you which add-on setting you should change to prevent the same key to be used by both add-on, GSX hotkeys can be changed from the Couatl "Key Mappings" menu.

hashnex

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 05:34:21 pm »
I have found the issue.  simconnect seems to use only one window of addon at a time. When turning the AS window on you must close it by clicking on close window rather then right click and close only then the other window can be open.   It's now working for me

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 05:38:20 pm »
simconnect seems to use only one window of addon at a time.

Yes, that's how Simconnect works. There's just one menu shared by every add-on, and every add-on is supposed to stop using it as soon is done with it.

When turning the AS window on you must close it by clicking on close window rather then right click and close only then the other window can be open.   It's now working for me

That's why all GSX menus have an automatic timeout, so they close automatically after a while if you don't use them or close them explicitly, to prevent have GSX "stealing" the menu for other add-on if you forget to close it. Not every add-on might do the same though.