Author Topic: Adding Airlines in GSX Customization  (Read 4195 times)

CDuFault1970

Adding Airlines in GSX Customization
« on: March 25, 2020, 12:28:03 pm »
So... With GSX / 2... I've noticed that when customizing and editing the airport positions and gates, there are some airlines that are not listed. Ex: ACA - Air Canada. It's become a mystery to me on how an airline can be added and along with the logo.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Adding Airlines in GSX Customization
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 03:04:42 pm »
If you mean the Handling company, Air Canada is surely listed there, as "AC".

If you mean the Jetway logo, you'll have to provide with a custom texture. In P3D4.4+ only, since FSX doesn't support the Render to Texture feature required to customized logos.

lwc.711022

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 07:09:29 pm »
I also facing the same problem on the logo of the ULD.
My aircraft.cfg have already add the atc parking codes for each livery. However, I found that only the logo of the ULD for AMU (Air Macau) are missing.
(e.g.: I chosen the HAS as the handler in Hong Kong International Airport, and the ULD logo will be the logo of HAS.)
Can I add the logo back manually? or did I add the wrong code to the cfg file?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 07:11:41 pm by lwc.711022 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 12:32:22 pm »
You don't say which simulator you use.

As I've said in my previous post, if you use FSX adding a custom logo is quite difficult and, since we made it so much easier in P3D4.4+, the old method and the old PaintKit is not supported anymore.

lwc.711022

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 01:30:09 pm »
You don't say which simulator you use.

As I've said in my previous post, if you use FSX adding a custom logo is quite difficult and, since we made it so much easier in P3D4.4+, the old method and the old PaintKit is not supported anymore.
I am sorry for missing the simulation version.
I am now on P3DV4.5 hotfix 3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 04:21:37 pm »
Then you can simply follow the instructions starting at Page 34 of the GSX manual, which explain how to create a custom operator. Since you already edited the airplane with an AMU code, it's probably best if your custom texture will be called AMU.PNG or AMU.JPG.

lwc.711022

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 07:49:39 pm »
Then you can simply follow the instructions starting at Page 34 of the GSX manual, which explain how to create a custom operator. Since you already edited the airplane with an AMU code, it's probably best if your custom texture will be called AMU.PNG or AMU.JPG.
As Air Macau don't have its own ground handler and they are using different handlers in different airport. I don't know if this is possible but can I add a logo for the ULD, then the logo can be based on the airline itself, not the airport (just like what mentioned in p64-65 of the manual)? I have tried many airlines such as EVA, Swiss Air, Easyjet and British Airways and they can have their ULD logo based on airline, while Air Macau cannot.
(or do I set the wrong code and causing me cannot have that work normally as other airline?)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 05:21:09 am by lwc.711022 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2020, 10:11:51 pm »
Be sure you do a "Restart and rebuild airport cache" from the "Couatl settings" menu, it's required when you add a new repaint.

lwc.711022

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 04:52:23 pm »
Be sure you do a "Restart and rebuild airport cache" from the "Couatl settings" menu, it's required when you add a new repaint.
I did for lot of time, but still the same issue happened.
I have attached with 2 picture. The first one is the Air Macau's case, the ground operator's logo on the ULD but not the airline's. The second one is the Swiss Air's case, the airline's logo is put on the ULD instead of the logo of the ground operator.
Is the rules_handling.cfg file located in Addon Manager\texture contributed to this issue? I did some modification on it and still no help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2020, 04:27:13 pm »
I have attached with 2 picture. The first one is the Air Macau's case, the ground operator's logo on the ULD but not the airline's. The second one is the Swiss Air's case, the airline's logo is put on the ULD instead of the logo of the ground operator.

This means the aicraft.cfg for Swiss is correct and matches the Swiss operator in GSX, but it doesn't in the Air Macau case.

Is the rules_handling.cfg file located in Addon Manager\texture contributed to this issue? I did some modification on it and still no help.

Not possible to tell without looking at all your files.

lwc.711022

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2020, 06:15:24 pm »

This means the aicraft.cfg for Swiss is correct and matches the Swiss operator in GSX, but it doesn't in the Air Macau case.

Not possible to tell without looking at all your files.
Here's the file I modified.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2020, 01:22:58 pm »
With "all your files", I meant ALL your files, not just the rules_handling file. That means also all your files from your custom textures folder.