Author Topic: aircraft cfg file  (Read 4299 times)

Juergen2

aircraft cfg file
« on: March 24, 2020, 07:54:08 pm »
Hi,
I have downloaded a freeware B777-200LR and am trying to make it work with GSXV2. Here are the steps I took:
1. Make a folder in C>Users>myname>AppData>Roaming>Virtuali>Aircraft named B777 200LR;
2. Downloaded a aircraft.cfg file from the sharing area for the B777-200LR
3. Place the .cfg file in the B777 200LR folder
Now when I check the "Configure Aircraft" in the simulator (FSX-Steam) it still shows in red: "Warning Aircraft Not Configured yet"! and Aircaft Data used by GSX: "aircraft.cfg" in red!
What am I missing???
Thanks for help
Juergen Mader

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: aircraft cfg file
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 03:32:44 pm »
1. Make a folder in C>Users>myname>AppData>Roaming>Virtuali>Aircraft named B777 200LR

There's no such thing as an "Aircraft" folder in GSX. If you never customized an airplane using the GSX editor before, there's not folder at all, but if you have, you'll find a "Airplanes" folder, with several sub-folders, each named like the airplane you customized.

So, if the "Airplanes" folder is not there already, you must create it, and it must be named like this. "Aircraft" won't work. We used "Airplanes", because this is how the Airplanes folder is named under Simobjects.

2. Downloaded a aircraft.cfg file from the sharing area for the B777-200LR

The aircraft.cfg file is the file the simulator use to configure an airplane, it doesn't have anything to do with GSX. A GSX airplane configuration file is named GSX.CFG.

3. Place the .cfg file in the B777 200LR folder

You can place a GSX.CFG file in the airplane own folder ( the one that contains the airplane.cfg ) or in the folder you created under %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME. If you use %APPDATA% ( which is the suggested way ), the only thing that matters is the airplane name folder matches exactly the airplane own folder name under Simobjects\Airplanes

Juergen2

Re: aircraft cfg file
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 02:05:43 pm »
Thanks,
the aircraft folder did NOT have the same name as in ....>viruali>aircraft. After correction it worked
Brgs
Juergen Mader