Author Topic: Will not install to the drive my sim (P3Dv4) is on  (Read 3899 times)

rrtraxx13

Will not install to the drive my sim (P3Dv4) is on
« on: March 24, 2020, 08:10:57 am »
I have the add on manager, I have put in the serial numbers for PHNL and Hawaiian airports 1&2 however I did notice during the "setup" from the download it would not allow me to choose a different drive, the drive my actual sim is on. I am wondering if the addon manager is on the C: drive that nothing I have would load. However I do have GSX and it does function in the sim. Just so confusing. Purchased the 3 sceneries and can not use them...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Will not install to the drive my sim (P3Dv4) is on
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 03:51:36 pm »
You are assuming GSX should be installed in the sim own drive, which is not only wrong, but even one of the best feature of our software: it CAN be installed ANYWHERE you like, and it will still work.

This means, the default installation path in C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager is PERFECTLY FINE, and the only reason you would like to have it elsewhere, is if you are very low on hard drive space on C:

If you are in this situation, you surely CAN install into any other drive, but this doesn't have to be the same drive the simulator is installed on, it can be anywhere. And if you want to install in the same drive the simulator is installed into, it's best to NOT install INSIDE the sim own folder.

However, even if you can install everywhere, all FSDT products MUST STAY TOGETHER. That's why you are not offered a chance to set the installation folder now: you already installed at least one FSDT product so, in order to prevent you to do the mistake of spreading different FSDT products in different places, the installer will not allow you to choose the installation folder anymore after the first install.

So, it's all normal and, of course, the installer is doing exactly what is supposed to do: forcing you to install in the same Addon Manager folder you choose when you first installed GSX, which is where the sceneries are supposed to be.

But it's not very clear from your message, if you TRIED to just accept what the installer correctly suggested to do ( skip the installation folder, since it's already correct ) and checked the sceneries, because it seems you just assumed  they won't work, without even trying.

rrtraxx13

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 09:23:48 am »
I did install as directed. My problem is, that after many restarts, the scenery will not show up. I have activated the key codes but the scenery just goes to the default p3d scenery. I purchased the island 3 pack but still have not been able to use them. Restarted the Sim and even the PC a few times each just in case yet, no product.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 02:50:27 pm »
I have activated the key codes but the scenery just goes to the default p3d scenery.

This sentence is not very clear. We never install into the default P3D *folder*, unless you tell the installer to do exactly that, which is not suggested.

But it's not clear what you are saying: do you mean the actual install location or with "the scenery just goes to the default p3d scenery", you are saying you don't see the add-on airport and you still see the default airports ?

If this is the case, do you have both the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus under the "Addons" menu of the sim ?