Author Topic: Addon manager!!!  (Read 8167 times)

stanley4199

Addon manager!!!
« on: November 13, 2009, 05:46:28 am »
I want to purchase amsterdam scenery.Can I just use the FSDT addon manger (I have both C9 and FSDT scenery installed) to activate EHAM by selecting clound 9?what version is that on the sellling page FSX or FS2004?

thanks,

stan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon manager!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 12:48:26 pm »
Yes, of course. The Addon Manager is only one, and supports many sceneries from several developers. You normally don't need to download it yourself, because it comes automatically installed with every scenery.

The only thing to be noted is that, if you want to install a Cloud9 scenery that still doesn't have an FSDT installer, it's best to install it *before* any FSDT product OR to install the stand-alone Addon Manager after it.

If, instead, you need to install a Cloud9 scenery that has its installer already updated by FSDT ( Amsterdam is one of these: look the thread on the General section for the updated list), you don't need to worry about order of installation.

stanley4199

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 06:01:10 pm »
Thanks for the reply, where can I find the Eham sample pictures like what cloud 9 did have before?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 06:33:53 pm »
Thanks for the reply, where can I find the Eham sample pictures like what cloud 9 did have before?

We don't really think it doesn't make any sense to publish screenshots for a 4 years old scenery that is very well known, considering the scenery comes as a Try-before-buy so, who's better than yourself (on YOUR system), to judge how the scenery looks ?

stanley4199

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 09:59:45 pm »
The number of activation and policy for C9 products is it the same as FSDT products?Because from previous C9 are less number of activation then FSDT and their policy is a bit different!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 10:42:47 pm »
There was a difference until Nov. 5th: Cloud9 had 5 activations per order, we had 6. Now, it's 6 for all products.

Apart for the number of activations, which it's the same now, there's no "Cloud9 activation policy" anymore if, by "Cloud9 activation policy" you mean what they do when an user asks for a reactivation after he consumed all the available ones and less than 90 days are passed since the last one.

Since we are now doing support and reactivation, there's no difference in policy anymore.

There's still a slight difference, since Cloud9 products do not offer the "Register Serial" option in the Addon Manager so, there are only 2 Reinstall methods to choose from ( .REG file and server-assisted Reinstall ), while with FSDT there are 3. But this will be fixed as well.