Author Topic: Trial Keeps coming up  (Read 10683 times)

Aang72

Trial Keeps coming up
« on: February 21, 2020, 05:01:49 pm »
So here is the gist:

I purchased this airport scenery a long time ago, been running fine.

All of a sudden it now says when I start up at KLAS (and KCLT for that matter) that the trial period has begun before it quickly disappears to initialize the PMDG aircraft.

When in Add-on manager, it says its activated.  This has happened before when there was 2 versions of Add-on Managers, but that is not the case this time.

Aang72

Re: Trial Keeps coming up
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 05:54:38 pm »
have attached screenshots to better see the scenario

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 10:36:38 am »
You don't say:

- which simulator you use

- if you installed the current version of the scenery and ran the Live Update.

Aang72

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 03:34:33 pm »
You don't say:

- which simulator you use
I am sorry, I thought I had.  Having 2 separate issues on same time.  I am using the FSX With the SP 2 Installed, Windows 7 64 - bit (though I don't think that version matters as much)
- if you installed the current version of the scenery and ran the Live Update.

Yes, I have installed the current versions as I run the updater whenever it tells me there is an update, whether it applies to my system or not.  I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the Scenary using the latest download from your site and still having this issue.

(I am also having stability issues in regards to PDMG aircraft, but I believe thats more towards the FSX problem and not the scenary problem)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 10:23:41 pm »
I am sorry, I thought I had.  Having 2 separate issues on same time.  I am using the FSX With the SP 2 Installed, Windows 7 64 - bit (though I don't think that version matters as much)

Yes it does, a lot. FSX SP2 is very bugged, and I strongly suggest, if you really still want to use FSX, to at least use the latest version, which is FSX:Steam Edition. Also, FSX + Acceleration Pack works better, but FSX+SP2 has several bugs which nobody will fix anymore.

Nothing to do with activation, tough.

(I am also having stability issues in regards to PDMG aircraft, but I believe thats more towards the FSX problem and not the scenary problem)

That's another reason why using the Steam version might be better, since it's use less RAM and, as a 32 bit application, FSX struggles to work with today's latest add-ons, since it will never use more than 4 GB of RAM and, even that is not even fully available, since the more video memory you have, the less memory FSX can use, because with DX9, all used VRAM is mapped back into RAM, stealing the already limited amount of memory a 32 bit app can use.

This will lead to crashes very easily, that's why most users have migrated to P3D4, which as a 64 app doesn't have this problem, and it's far more stable.

Aang72

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 05:45:37 pm »
Thank you,

I was wrong about the version, i do have the acceleration.

With that said, I also do have the FSX Steam Edition, the problem with that version though is that the Traffic Program I use doesn't integrate well if this version had been installed first.

I am currently awaiting to see how the new Microsoft Flight Sim looks and feels and their "add-on" policy.

I only brought this up because this issue has suddenly appeared after years of using FSDreamTeam products and only saw this AFTER the last update you guys sent out.  With that said, it does still appear to be functional after the usual 30 minute trial you build in, so I think it is more of a display error.

But Thank you for your response.  This is why I love your products is because you guys do respond and interact with your customers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 02:48:17 pm »
I only brought this up because this issue has suddenly appeared after years of using FSDreamTeam products and only saw this AFTER the last update you guys sent out.  With that said, it does still appear to be functional after the usual 30 minute trial you build in, so I think it is more of a display error.

The Trial for an airport is supposed to last only 5 minutes so, if it's still working for 30 minutes and more, it's only a display problem, and it's possibly caused by another scenery that happens to have same name/size files as FSDT PHNL, possibly a freeware scenery you installed and forgot about it.

Aang72

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 07:50:24 pm »
WEll, Some good news some bad.

Good news: Most of your airports aren't actually in the trial phase, and continue to work.

Bad news: LAX doesn't work (it stops after 5 minutes) and I have checked to see of any conflicting scenaries, and that aren't any.

My best guess is that when I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of FSX Acceleration a few weeks back, even though I uninstalled all my secenaries, something must have gotten mixed up in the reinstallation

I am posting this here as to not create another thread over same topic, even though the issue is now LAX (If you would want me to move this to that topic, I would be more than gladly do so)

Edit: LAX was resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling, which I am going to do to all of my Addons, not just these airports.  I want to thank Virtuali staff for being so kind and understanding
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 07:34:40 pm by Aang72 »

p3dx3

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 04:47:41 am »

The Trial for an airport is supposed to last only 5 minutes so, if it's still working for 30 minutes and more, it's only a display problem, and it's possibly caused by another scenery that happens to have same name/size files as FSDT PHNL, possibly a freeware scenery you installed and forgot about it.

Trial mode is back. P3D 4.5 hotfix 2. Ran FSDT Auto Updater yesterday. Re-registered using the new key and it worked until now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 08:52:44 am »
Trial mode is back. P3D 4.5 hotfix 2. Ran FSDT Auto Updater yesterday. Re-registered using the new key and it worked until now.

There are no problems whatsoever with the latest update and the registration.

Of course, the usual about properly configuring the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning, and be sure the firewall won't block the Live Update ( if some files are downloaded and some are not, nothing will work ), are always valid.

p3dx3

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2020, 10:56:48 am »

There are no problems whatsoever with the latest update and the registration.

Of course, the usual about properly configuring the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning, and be sure the firewall won't block the Live Update ( if some files are downloaded and some are not, nothing will work ), are always valid.

Windows anti virus is off. It is only Vegas scenery that does the trial mode. I load into other sceneries of yours and I have never received the trial started message.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2020, 01:21:27 pm »
Windows anti virus is off. It is only Vegas scenery that does the trial mode. I load into other sceneries of yours and I have never received the trial started message.

But what the Addon Manager says about it ? Do you see just the trial message, or the scenery also disappears after 5 minutes ?

p3dx3

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 12:01:48 am »

But what the Addon Manager says about it ? Do you see just the trial message, or the scenery also disappears after 5 minutes ?

Addon Manager has always said installed and registered

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2020, 12:35:17 pm »
Addon Manager has always said installed and registered

So, can I assume the reply to the other part of my question you haven't answered is also the scenery doesn't disappear ?