Author Topic: FSDT Module & CTD issue in FSX Steam  (Read 1773 times)

Mike777

FSDT Module & CTD issue in FSX Steam
« on: February 20, 2020, 08:04:46 pm »
Hi FSDT,

I was having a CTD in FSX when I right clicked on the main FSX screen, for example to open a new view.  Same problem when I tried to use the top menu to open an addon or start a new view.  Sometimes I got a CTD without doing anything.  Following the advice of Jim Young on Avsim, I looked at my dll.xml file to see recent entries.  I found an entry for C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\bglmanx.dll  

Since that dll file is dated 2-16-20, v 4.5.0.19 and my dll.xml file was last changed on 2-18-20, I removed that dll.xml entry.  This stopped the CTDs.  Before removing that entry just now, I also tried an update today, but it didn't affect that file.

I don't know what this dll file does.  Looking quickly at several FSDT sceneries, they still appear to be working.  Bu I think it ix likely the missing dll will cause problems in the future.

Thank you,
Mike777

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Module & CTD issue in FSX Steam
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 06:56:12 am »
I don't know what this dll file does.  Looking quickly at several FSDT sceneries, they still appear to be working.  

No FSDT product will work without it so, if they still do, it's likely you had two copies referenced in your XML files ( the are 2 of them, and 4 if you have both FSX and FSX:SE  installed or if you registry keys for FSX are wrong ), which might explain the crash, since there surely shouldn't be two copies running.