Author Topic: GSX menu not showing after disabling  (Read 2411 times)

rossfcph

GSX menu not showing after disabling
« on: February 17, 2020, 05:41:40 pm »
Hi,

I am having an issue that when i disable GSX in the sim it will not appear on my add ons list I have seen in the past that people have been told to restart Couatl but i am unable to do this too as that disappears when gsx is disabled.

the only way i can get gsx to work again is to restart my computer and as you can imagine that is a pain in the butt to do everytime

hopefully you can give me some ideas on how to fix this issue

I am running latest version of P3D with windows 10 64bit

regards

Ross
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 05:43:55 pm by rossfcph »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX menu not showing after disabling
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 05:51:52 pm »
I am having an issue that when i disable GSX in the sim it will not appear on my add ons list I have seen in the past that people have been told to restart Couatl but i am unable to do this too as that disappears when gsx is disabled.

It's not clear what do you mean with "When I disable GSX in the sim".

- Using the "Options->Add-on" menu ?

OR

- Using the "Disable" option from the GSX menu ?

rossfcph

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 05:54:27 pm »
Yeah when in the sim i go to GSX on the add on tab (gsx menu) and disable and it wont re appear .... it used to reappear after a few seconds to re enable gsx
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 06:02:27 pm by rossfcph »

rossfcph

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 11:27:16 am »
attached two pics of what i get after i disable gsx from my sim and what i get when i try to get i get coutl to work again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 01:07:18 pm »
attached two pics of what i get after i disable gsx from my sim and what i get when i try to get i get coutl to work again

After you enable it, you must exit the sim, and wait a bit to restart it again.

rossfcph

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 08:19:11 pm »
previously i never had to go out of them sim to get it working again or enabled

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 08:21:20 am »
previously i never had to go out of them sim to get it working again or enabled

No, it was always like that, since the first release of GSX, our software always required a simulator restart if you disable/enabled it during a session. The ability to do that from the sim has been added only recently to P3D4, but there's nothing in our software that support it explicitly, so a restart has always been required. In order to support the restart in-session from the Options->Add-on, a software must be coded for that.

This becase GSX has ITS OWN "Disable" feature if, for any reason, you want to disable ( there's no reason for doing that, but for troubleshooting reasons you might need it ), from its own menu, and THAT can be used without restarting the sim, it's way faster than using the Options-Add-on menu, and it works with all supported simulators ( FSX and every version of P3D )