Author Topic: Only Trial Mode Menu in P3D V4.5  (Read 2198 times)

machtoo

Only Trial Mode Menu in P3D V4.5
« on: February 16, 2020, 07:57:01 pm »
I have used GSX for several years.  I recently reinstalled P3D V4 completely as well as the add ons.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling GSX several times with antivirus off.  I have made entries for exceptions for the AddoNs Folder and the exe files in the FS Dream Team folder.  The GSX and Couatl menus are visible in P3D but selecting the You Control menu only shows the Trial Mode menu.  Need some assistance to get it working again.  My OS is Windows 10 and a high end PC.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Only Trial Mode Menu in P3D V4.5
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 10:26:41 am »
The GSX and Couatl menus are visible in P3D

This means everything works and you don't have to worry about antivirus, etc. The only possible reason for this is:

- You haven't activate GSX, maybe you activated GSX L2 only, but not GSX

- You are using an old GSX installer. Be sure you use the latest one.

machtoo

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 03:15:10 pm »
Where do you activate it?  I went to your activation page and generated a key file xml.  I put it in the P3D V4 folder and the GSX folder.  The updater runs fine and does not indicate any issue.

Just curious, my GSX was originally purchased from FSPilotShop which I just noticed has apparently shut down.  Wonder if the key is still valid?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 03:26:35 pm by machtoo »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 03:24:58 pm »
Where do you activate it?

As explained on the manual and on your purchase receipt, you activate it using the "Register Serial" button in the Addon Manager menu.

I went to your activation page and generated a key file xml.  I put it in the P3D V4 folder and the GSX folder. 

I don't know what page you are referring to, but nowhere we ever said you have to use an XML file or that you have to place it anywhere, much less in the P3D4 folder. I don't know what xml file you are referring to, the activation doesn't require any of that, and it's done automatically in the Addon Manager.

Could be you have a FIREWALL that is blocking the online activation, so you are trying some way to activate offline, using the QR code + smartphone method ? Even in that case, no XML files are involved, there's a self-guided method that surely works and doesn't require to do anything with any xml file.

In any case, as explained in the manual, you shouldn't use the forum to ask questions about activations because, of course, further troubleshooting would require sharing some of your personal details. Which is why, we clearly tell to use the support EMAIL for any questions related to orders or activation.

machtoo

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 03:33:13 pm »
I have seen the references to the AddOn manager but there is no AddOn Manager in my menus or on the drive.  Just the Couatl updater. The standalone AddOn manager is for FS9 on your site?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 03:39:07 pm »
I have seen the references to the AddOn manager but there is no AddOn Manager in my menus or on the drive. 

In your first post, you said:

The GSX and Couatl menus are visible in P3D

And you said it WORKS in Trial, which means the software is 100% fully working, and you surely have the Addon Manager under the SAME "Addons" menu you found the GSX menu under.

machtoo

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 04:10:26 pm »
I went ahead and re-purchased the new version of GSX and L2...my key was for an original FAX version.  It did work in P3D but stopped recently.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 05:46:18 pm »
I went ahead and re-purchased the new version of GSX and L2...my key was for an original FAX version.  It did work in P3D but stopped recently.

There wasn't any need to do that, of course and, nobody here or on the support address has instructed to do that. There's not such thing as a "FSX key" or "P3D key", there's only license, and it's valid for both simulators, so your FSX would have worked perfectly.