Author Topic: Cloud9 KLAX: have Old Receipt/Serial, but Registering Trouble  (Read 4697 times)

qballbandit

Cloud9 KLAX: have Old Receipt/Serial, but Registering Trouble
« on: December 29, 2020, 08:11:05 pm »
Hello,
I built a WIN10 gaming machine recently, and have in outstanding Airport to get functional - the old KLAX from Cloud9.
I have a receipt from 2018 that includes all order details.
The issue is, getting it out of "trial" mode. I have a serial number, but trying to register through FS9 hits a dead roadblock.
Looking for advice on how to use the info I have to get this airport re-registered properly.

As a side note, I purchased the KLAX V2, but I want the old airport back because I have a few very detailed AFCAD files that I designed that I'd prefer to use on the original version for now.

Thank you very much for any forthcoming information, it's very much appreciated.

Neil (qballbandit)   8)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cloud9 KLAX: have Old Receipt/Serial, but Registering Trouble
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 12:56:55 pm »
I built a WIN10 gaming machine recently, and have in outstanding Airport to get functional - the old KLAX from Cloud9.

I'm sorry but, yhere's no way to activate Cloud9 products right now, because they should have signed with a new ecommerce provider after Esellerate closed in 2019, but since the former Cloud9 owners have quit the flight sim business years ago, they surely haven't done that.

We have been trying to get hold of former Cloud9 owners, to ask permission to do something about, like automatically activating everything with no key, but haven't got any reply so far.

As a side note, I purchased the KLAX V2, but I want the old airport back because I have a few very detailed AFCAD files that I designed that I'd prefer to use on the original version for now.

Then I suggest using that.

qballbandit

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 07:24:02 pm »
Umberto, I appreciate your reply. Sad to hear, and I do wish you luck with getting an answer.

I would love to use the KLAX V2, but I suffer an AFCAD issue that I can not figure out (same with KORD for FS9). I create all of my own AFCAD files - have for almost 20 years.
I use all of the same radius numbers and values in AFCAD when setting up V2 (and KORD) that I do with any other airport, yet I have a big discrepancy in where planes actually park. While 75% of the parking is correct, 25% is not even close. Same with KORD - I have scrutinized the AFCAD files multiple times, but can not figure out why with these two airports that there is such a high volume of inaccurate parking taking place.

Every other add-on airport, or the few default airports I use have 100% accuracy with the same airliners/cargo, etc. These 2 airports give me fits.
Again, I use the exact same values, yet can't seem to get 100% success like I do anywhere else.

I wish you a safe and happy new year!

Neil 8)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 12:25:02 pm »
There's nothing strange or unusual about KLAX or KORD AFCADs: they are 100% standard and made with the official compiler from the SDK so, there's no reason why they would be any different than any other airport, at least when AI is concerned.

qballbandit

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 06:05:18 pm »
Happy New Year Umberto,
I don't doubt what you say, and that is what makes it such a mystery.
Before I had your KORD airport, I was using an old Simflyers version. When I bought yours, I removed the Simflyers from my scenery.cfg file, then removed the scenery and afcad file for it. Next, I installed your KORD and replicated the afcad file parking spot by parking spot, per say - using the exact same values in from the Simflyers afacd. Result - Simflyers 100%, FSDT about 75%. Same with The "old" KLAX vs. the new.
And come to think of it, the same with KFLL.
Every other AFCAD file I design is 100% accurate, so it's driving me crazy why I can't pinpoint what causes the partially inaccurate behavior with the three airports from here.
Again, not pointing fingers, but there is something odd, but not at all obvious.

Best wishes,

Neil   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 10:45:17 pm »
replicated the afcad file parking spot by parking spot, per say - using the exact same values in from the Simflyers afacd. Result - Simflyers 100%, FSDT about 75%. Same with The "old" KLAX vs. the new.

It's impossible to say without knowing exactly what you mean with "exact same values" so, the only possible explanation they weren't "exactly" the same values because, in order them to be, they would be exactly the same parking types, coordinates, radius, alignment, airline code AND work over the same taxiway layout and the same runway configuration ( length, active, number and order of runways, presence of x-wind runways, etc ), because ALL these have some effect on AI assignment, obviously tied to the AI you are using too, and this clearly not possible, since you cannot just what would be basically the same AFCAD of another scenery, since the sceneries are not identical, so they AFCAD cannot be.

But that's besides the point. The point is, you said the Cloud9 AFCAD could be improved, while the FSDT one couldn't. That I find very hard to believe, we surely haven't made anything other than a plain standard AFCAD, for both.