Author Topic: GSX Menu disappears after change of Aircraft **SOLVED**  (Read 5372 times)

wegerlee

GSX Menu disappears after change of Aircraft **SOLVED**
« on: February 10, 2020, 10:29:34 am »
Hi Umberto.

I have been running P3D with GSX level 1 and 2 for several month without any problems after doing a complete fresh Windows install and p3D.  Since yesterday though I get the following issue:

Star p3d with default scenario the GSX menu shows in the dropdown box. Change to different airport with default aircraft (from Lockheed) the GSX menu is still visible. Airport Cache also regenerates ok.
As soon as I change aircraft type to AS A330 or PMDG 747 for example the GSX menu is no longer available. I uninstalled GSX - reinstalled it (with AV off) problem stays.  All p3d folders incl. Virtuali are excluded from AV (Windows defender).  No additional Software installed except for the PMDG 737 expansion pack last week. I tried out numerous airports and can reproduce this every time. All products are active and installed.  Although I noticed yesterday after starting up p3d again for the third time, that some products oddly are in trial mode.  Any thoughts

Thanks Elmar 

This is actually my first problem post for years...:)

Update...the loss of GSX comes with aircraft change
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 12:42:53 pm by virtuali »

keithgiannoni

Re: GSX Menu disappears after change of Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 01:05:57 pm »
Hi,

Interesting as I have noticed this problem too but only recently. The aircraft change is possibly the issue for me, too. I have only been aware of this since installing the new PMDG 737-700 package. An example was with this aircraft I positioned it in Chambery LFLB. I then used GSX to position the vehicles etc. Then GSX disappeared from the drop down. If I restart the sim (P3D), GSX is no longer there. I have to reinstall it.

Regards,

Keith

PS I have just seen another thread with similar issues that suggest possibly due to the latest GSX update. So I suggest this topic is linked.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 01:07:50 pm by keithgiannoni »

wegerlee

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 02:38:56 pm »
I just seen the other post as well.  I did re-install VC++2005 and seems to have solved it.  Having said that the problem only materialized after the FSDT update yesterday

wegerlee

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 02:40:37 pm »

wegerlee

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 01:38:20 pm »
On another thread I posted the VC++ solves the problem.  Yesterday I did on a longhaul BOS to DUB.  Today I have the same problem again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 03:19:36 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem.

GSX loads fine, and I can switch from an airplane to another with no issues, tried it now, switching from default A321 to PMDG 737-600, and back to default 737, and it always load normally.

wegerlee

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 07:08:06 pm »
Hi Umberto.  I guess there are others who havn't got that problem either. Then again there are some who have it.  As indicated in the other thread. This item is a bit of a hit and miss.  I am at the end of wisdom since I had now windows updates and the only other thing I changed was my monitor which should not have any impact.  At times when this problem occurs some of the FSDT products also show in trial mode.  Then restarting the sim again it active and installed.  I don't really want to uninstall every FSDT product since I own almost all of them.  Could it be the registry??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 07:27:22 pm »
From your description, it seems that sometimes Couatl doesn't start, which will also result in all products in Trial. If it doesn't start when the simulator starts, I'm fairly sure it's the antivirus. Less likely, but still possible, an issue with the VC++ runtimes, sometimes a Windows restart is required after a Live Update.

If, instead, it starts with the sim, but doesn't RESTART, than it's likely another issue.

wegerlee

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 02:01:05 pm »
Hi Umberto

I will continue posting on the other thread.  VC++ libraries were installed fresh with reboot.  I would think if it was the VC++ then I would have a permanent problem.  The only thing that updates daily is the AV from Defender.  One never knows what they are up to.  As posted in the other thread I included ALL SIM related files to exclude. 

Many thanks  Elmar

keithgiannoni

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 02:27:00 pm »
Hi,

Here is an example. First picture, DH8D first flight of the day. Second picture, I load the FS Labs A321, without closing the P3D sim, no GSX. I have tweaked the AV settings. There must be something that has happened recently to those of use being effected. Odd for sure.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 06:02:21 pm »
Second picture, I load the FS Labs A321, without closing the P3D sim, no GSX.

Enable logging in the troubleshooting section if the GSX Settings and, when the GSX menu disappear, exit the sim and do as follows:

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.

keithgiannoni

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 07:27:18 pm »
Here is a log.

Keith

rdlepage

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2020, 08:33:40 pm »
here's my log. got similar problems.

Vieira12

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2020, 09:16:25 pm »
I am having the same issue it’s obvious that it’s something to do with the last update done to it I don’t even own the pmdg 700 series no new add ons added and I don’t use anti virus this problems started after the last update hope for a fix soon as there is a lot of stuff I can’t use at the moment

rdlepage

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2020, 09:53:47 pm »
Yes i agree. Its the update 7 Feb that's causing the problem. Was working fine before that. Like you I have alot of Fsdreamteam airport that are completely useless due to this issue. Also don't use antivirus, only windows defender and have all the appropriate folders excluded. This has been going on too long now and we need a fix. Im going to uninstall all my Fs dreamteam airports plus GSX and start again intstalling everything again and hope it works but I think until they realise there's a problem and get it fixed were stuffed.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 09:58:44 pm by rdlepage »