Author Topic: Couatl has stopped loading **SOLVED**  (Read 8355 times)

shane25

Couatl has stopped loading **SOLVED**
« on: February 08, 2020, 06:20:52 pm »
After the last update, couatl does not load when I start p3d. Nothing has changed. The p3d folder is still excluded from  virus checking.
All my products are in trial mode and won't accept the srial to activate.
Any help appreciated
Kind regards
Shane
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 12:42:24 pm by virtuali »

srcooke

Re: Couatl has stopped loading.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 06:36:55 pm »
I confirm the same behavior with couatl not loading following the 6th/7th update.

Limit of the log:

Python 2.7.13 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, May 22 2017, 13:45:26) [MSC v.1900 32 bit (Intel)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v3.2 (build 4305)
log started on Sat Feb  8 17:24:57 2020

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
connected to bglmanx
Simulator version: 4 5 13 32097
Running in mode: Prepar3D v4 (bglmanx setting)
Loading addons
Loading addon common
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 07:00:36 pm by srcooke »
Regards
Stephen Cooke

mtcross

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 08:19:35 pm »
I was having the same problem.  I disabled "Real-time protection" (Control Panel -> Update & Security -> Windows Security -> Virus and threat protection ->  Manage settings under Virus & threat protection settings) and ran Live Update.  Everything is working again.

Cheers,
Mike

shane25

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 10:14:44 am »
Should you be disabling real time protection. In any case the folders are already excluded.
There has to be a problem at initialisation of the program.
Shane

AlanJ

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 11:42:19 pm »
I am having the same problem since the last update, couatl not loading and no FSDT scenery loading!

AlanJ

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 12:16:01 am »
I know this has been addressed in another thread (perhaps why no reply?), but i tried again earlier and everything worked fine, building airport cache etc and no problems. Then i came back a couple of hours later and the problem was back, couatl has not started and no FSDT scenery!

srcooke

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 09:21:15 am »
I agree Alan, GSX is not the issue it is COUATL hence the posts here.

The issue persists, ALL FSDT folders are excluded in Windows Defender and even disabling realtime protection is hit and miss.

If couatl does run it may then quit making the several products I have installed unusable and a mess of addon scenery's adjusted for GSX2 use.

This relates to the 6th/7th updates for sure, never previously had this problem in the years I have been using FSDT products. I guess it only serves as a warning to backup before ever running live update.

Here is the event viewer log at sim load for the latest couatl.exe version crashing, whether due to itself or inhibited by defender in some way.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          11/02/2020 18:19:35
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      FSX
Description:
Faulting application name: Couatl.exe, version: 3.2.0.4305, time stamp: 0x5e3c040c
Faulting module name: Couatl.exe, version: 3.2.0.4305, time stamp: 0x5e3c040c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001bbab7
Faulting process id: 0x4254
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5e1078231b8d1
Faulting application path: F:\Addon Manager\Couatl\Couatl.exe
Faulting module path: F:\Addon Manager\Couatl\Couatl.exe
Report Id: c17de6cf-876e-43de-8413-e75fdbbbcee9
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-11T18:19:35.886668500Z" />
    <EventRecordID>28479</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>FSX</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Couatl.exe</Data>
    <Data>3.2.0.4305</Data>
    <Data>5e3c040c</Data>
    <Data>Couatl.exe</Data>
    <Data>3.2.0.4305</Data>
    <Data>5e3c040c</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>001bbab7</Data>
    <Data>4254</Data>
    <Data>01d5e1078231b8d1</Data>
    <Data>F:\Addon Manager\Couatl\Couatl.exe</Data>
    <Data>F:\Addon Manager\Couatl\Couatl.exe</Data>
    <Data>c17de6cf-876e-43de-8413-e75fdbbbcee9</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>
Regards
Stephen Cooke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 09:24:20 am »
Here is the event viewer log at sim load for the latest couatl.exe version crashing, whether due to itself or inhibited by defender in some way.

Please clarify if you have this crash on the initial loading, or during a restart. If you cannot start it, you can still create a log file ( if it's not already enabled, this way ):

- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Delete %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali again

- Run the sim, then exit after the error appears.

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.

shane25

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 03:09:50 pm »
I am attaching 2 files. log1 is when it starts up normally and couatl is in the addon menu.
And to get it to do this I have to run the updater everytime I close p3d.
Log2 is while I'm setting up my flight and couatl disappears from the menu.
The virus exclusions have been in place when I installed p3d.
kind regards
Shane

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 05:57:20 pm »
Is your user name really "S S" ?

shane25

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 10:12:07 pm »
Yes.  ;D
I reinstalled GSX. Seems to be working OK.
I'll let you know if anything changes
Shane
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 11:12:05 pm by shane25 »

YG_FDE

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 02:51:34 am »
I have the same problems with Couatl randomly crashing and put LFSB in trial mode. So I did quite a lot of tests with enabling and disabling other addons (FSUIPC 5, AS, Chaseplane, NavigraphSimlink) and Windows Defender, updating the Addon Manager several times etc. None of it had any effect.

Couatl always loads normally at every single start of P3D v4.5 HF2 up to the the scenario screen (I restarted P3D about 50 to 60 times). As soon as I hit OK to load the scenario (mostly default F22 Raptor at Eglin AFB) Couatl would either work normally (probability of about 70%) or immediately crash (30%) and disappear in Sysinternal Process Explorer. In the cases where it keeps running, all menus appear and LFSB would be fully displayed.
But when I change to another aircraft or reload the same aircraft, Couatl would crash randomly, generating the well known message in Event Viewer. Sometimes I could switch to about 7 to 8 different aircraft before the crash, but more often it happended at the 2nd or 3rd attempt. Couatl is supposed to reload upon an aircraft change, but it seems that something is interfering under specific circumstances.

I made some observations with different Regional Settings in Win 10 (1903 64bit). Could someone test the following?

I changed the Win 10 Regional Settings from German (Switzerland) to English (United States) and restarted P3D. After 2 hours of testing with different Regional Settings, Couatl has not crashed again with the US setting, not even after 40 aircraft reloads in one session. As soon as I switched to English (UK) or German (Switzerland or Austria), the crashes returned consistently. English (World) or (Australia) seem to be ok as well. I did not change the country, only the region and without restarting Win 10 (only P3D restart).

(I had the Region problem still in mind as I had an Excel 2016 issue last week, where the document suddenly could not be saved. Microsoft recommended to switch the Region to US which let me save it. Excel did not like that I formatted the tables with decimals numbers in it. I had to hide the digits behind the separator and then enter the numbers again.)

Regards,
Yves

srcooke

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 10:12:59 am »
Hello Yves,

That is currently looking like a workaround.

My settings were English UK for region and language whereby couatl would frequently fail to load.

Switching region and language to English US it has successfully loaded ten out of ten times.

Wouldn't have thought to try that change :)
Regards
Stephen Cooke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 10:28:27 am »
Switching region and language to English US it has successfully loaded ten out of ten times.

Ok, this is interesting and worth checking for. It *might* be related to reading some parameters from the aircraft.cfg. Could you please try to use your standard language and, instead, only change the decimal separator from comma to dot ?

srcooke

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 10:51:15 am »

Ok, this is interesting and worth checking for. It *might* be related to reading some parameters from the aircraft.cfg. Could you please try to use your standard language and, instead, only change the decimal separator from comma to dot ?

Will try that today Umberto.
Regards
Stephen Cooke