Author Topic: GSX does not start together with FSX **SOLVED**  (Read 14548 times)

kauzi

Re: GSX does not start together with FSX
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 07:43:18 am »
Try to remove the DLL.XML file, and reinstall GSX, then reinstall FSUIPC to add it back.

I followed exactly the mentioned steps, unfortunately w/o success. After reinstalling FSUIPC only FSUIPC was listed in the dll.xml. In FSX GSX and additionally my A2A addon was missing....I recovered my original dll.xml.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 09:12:40 am »
I recovered my original dll.xml.

Your original DLL.XML was wrong, the only entry that was supposed to be there, was FSUIPC. In fact, I wonder how it's possible you won't get any errors from FSX.

Again, if GSX doesn't modify the XML files, the only possible explanation is that your registry entry for FSX is still wrong, as I've already explained in my first reply. Please check again your registry keys, and note there are TWO of them, one under HKEY_CURRENT_USER and one under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

As I've said, the correct one to use on a Windows version more recent than XP, is the one under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, and that's what our installer use to find FSX. If that one is wrong, but other add-ons are using the legacy key instead, you would be mislead thinking there's a problem with our installer, when it's just the fact you have the proper registry key wrong, and the legacy one correct.

kauzi

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2014, 08:10:41 am »
I rechecked the registry. Under hkey_ current_ user/software/microsoft/microsoft games/flight simulator/10.0 there is the entry AppPath containing the correct path to my FSX. Under hkey_local_machine I can't find any entry regarding FSX. But as I understand from your explanations GSX doesn't use that key anyway. Od do I have to add that key?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2014, 11:23:06 am »
We use only the key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, yes.

Check for the FSX key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Wow6432Node\Software\Microsoft Games

kauzi

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 06:50:10 pm »
Ah ok, there is a entry in flight simulator/10.0 with the name SetupPath containing the correct FSX location.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 11:04:55 pm »
Ah ok, there is a entry in flight simulator/10.0 with the name SetupPath containing the correct FSX location.

Alright, it seems the registry is not the problem. Try logging the installation process, this way:

- Open a command prompt  ( start -> CMD -> enter )

- go to the folder where you have the installer, for example:

CD c:\Users\Yourname\Desktop

Assuming you put the installer on the Desktop

- launch the installer with this command:

gsx_fsx_setup.exe /log=install.log

This should hopefully create a file named install.log on your Desktop. If you have it, then send it to me ( via Email, please ).

kauzi

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 09:16:54 pm »
Hi Virtuali,

thanks for your further help. I've created the install.log but I can't find your email adress to send it to.

Thanks,
Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 09:18:03 pm »
On the "Contact Us" page.

kauzi

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 09:52:15 pm »
OK, mail sent.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 10:14:15 pm »
Your installation log doesn't show any errors or problems, and it clearly indicate that BOTH your EXE.XML and DLL.XML files has been correctly updated to add the bglmanx.dll line in the DLL.XML and the Couatl.exe line in the EXE.XML

The file modified was located at C:\Users\mi-we_000\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\

Perhaps you are looking at the wrong folders.

kauzi

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 01:30:33 pm »
The file modified was located at C:\Users\mi-we_000\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\
Perhaps you are looking at the wrong folders.

Oh happy day!!! Exactly that was the problem! Now, all is clear. Cause for the problem is Windows 8 and its new online accounts: When you install Windows 8 it forces you to create an online user account (in contrast to all previous Windows versions that use only local user accounts) that enables sharing of Windows settings etc. between several Windows computers. I installed Windows 8 using such an online account ("mi-we_000") and switched back to a good old local account some weeks later. In the meantime I installed FSX and probably when switching to the local account WIndows forgot to delete/re-arrange parts of the old "mi-we_000" folder and to modify the registry...I moved the dll.xml and exe.xml into the AppData folder of my current local account and GSX works excellent now.

I have no idea why the other addons have no problem with the old account folder (a quick registry-search didn't show any strange entries)... but I hope my explanations are helpful for you if other Win8 users have the same problem.

Btw. GSX is a very nice addon and I like it very much. It's great taht it works at any FSX airport. My order will be placed very soon :-)

Thanks again for your extensive help,
Michael

varmapraveenpsv

Re: GSX does not start together with FSX **SOLVED**
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2020, 07:52:35 pm »
Hi all,

I had similar issues with Windows defender off, Nothing in Internet Options for Trusted/ Untrusted, No antivirus being used and even after adding "Addon Manager" to Windows defender Exception. None of this worked as Couatl was not working.

So, to fix this, I went to (on Win 7), control panel, windows firewall, Advanced setting, Inbound rules and I made sure that Couatl Scripting rule is enabled.

I really dont know if this is a fix but it worked for me.

Thanks..