Author Topic: KORD V2 ILS DME issue  (Read 3946 times)

General Aviation

KORD V2 ILS DME issue
« on: February 04, 2020, 03:48:40 am »
Hi I have flown into ohare the last many times and The dme readouts for some of the rwys has been off. DME for the rwy should be from the closet approaching side for each rwy (as seen in the picture below #1) but it seems that its not where it is in the sim. Also I have had the issue of 20-44 DME for a ILS (Attached below #2) I have the newest updates of fsdt. Any ideas?

General Aviation

Re: KORD V2 ILS DME issue
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 03:49:12 am »
Hi I have flown into ohare the last many times and The dme readouts for some of the rwys has been off. DME for the rwy should be from the closet approaching side for each rwy (as seen in the picture below #1) but it seems that its not where it is in the sim. Also I have had the issue of 20-44 DME for a ILS (Attached below #2) I have the newest updates of fsdt. Any ideas?
Needed to attach another picture it wouldnt let me

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD V2 ILS DME issue
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 10:54:19 am »
DME for the rwy should be from the closet approaching side for each rwy (as seen in the picture below #1) but it seems that its not where it is in the sim.

The ILS is placed exactly as it is in real life, at the far and of RWY 28C, you can easily see its location in a small housing in the scenery.

Check your charts, the approach procedure for 28C says DME from IVZE should read 7.0 NM when intercepting the glideslope at 2300 ft over the SEIKA point, and that's precisely how it reads there, see the attached picture.

For further confirmation about how precise the scenery really is, see the 2nd screenshot, which shows a comparison between the actual coordinates of the IVZE DME: the black rectangle shows how's located in the FSDT .BGL, the small red dot are the coordinates taken from the PMDG Navdata, which confirms both are perfectly accurate.