Author Topic: Elevation problem  (Read 4871 times)

somiller

Elevation problem
« on: February 01, 2020, 04:22:09 am »
I have encountered an elevation problem. When taxiing aircraft in this area there is an abrupt "step" that the aircraft falls down from when taxiing to the east, and has to climb over when taxiing to the west.

(exact locations: note LAT\LON coordinates in LFSB_4 and LFSB_5)

Image LFSB_4 shows the joint in the pavement which is the exact location of the "step"

Image LFSB_2 shows aircraft positioned to the east of the "step" with wheels partially below the pavement texture

Image LFSB_1 shows what I think is related - lines elevated above pavement

Image LFSB_5 shows a different issue south of runway 26 - shown with P3Dv4.5HF2 "Mesh Resolution" 1 meter; the problem is worse @ 2 meter or 5 meter resolution.

Initially I thought these problems might be related to: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22881.0.html, however, while disabling GES fixed the pond problem, none of the above issues were affected in any way.

Kind Regards,
Steven Miller
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 04:31:34 am by somiller »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Elevation problem
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 12:38:29 pm »
I tried placing the airplane ( default CRJ from FSX ) in the position of your first screenshot, and while there is a small bump due to the elevated platform that joins the terrain, the airplane didn't fall.

somiller

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 01:22:05 am »
I should've mentioned I'm running P3Dv4.5 HF2. What I experience is considerably worse than a bump. Taxiing slowly in the direction shown in pic 1, when you reach the joint in the pavement the aircraft will actually jump up like it's jumping a curb. The only way I can get past that joint is to increase taxi speed, and then the aircraft is able to jump over the step.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 10:56:49 am »
Some 3rd party airplanes are more sensitive to small bumps in the scenery that default ones. We found a way to remove the bump altogether, which will be included in the upcoming update for the scenery.

Brittanix

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 05:08:30 pm »
I was just about to open a thread regarding massive elevation problems, so Im glad I found this one and would like to add my problem.

I am having serious elevation problems heading north away from the terminal.
There are visible elevation problems along taxi way B (heading towards RW 15), towards the trees/highway.
I provoked the situation a little and left the taxi way towards the trees and I fall into a deep hole. I only have these problems with the FSDT scenery, none whatsoever with default and two other LFSB sceneries which I have tried.
Any ideas?

I am using ORBX Global, Vector and Europe LC.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 07:44:41 pm by Brittanix »

simbro

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 11:13:17 am »
You probably need to exclude LFSB using the ORBX Vector AEC configuration tool

Brittanix

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 11:26:23 am »
There is no LFSB in the AEC to exclude. I have also tried deactivating all the ORBX Add-Ons in the library and the problem still occurs.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 12:08:33 pm »
There is no LFSB in the AEC to exclude. I have also tried deactivating all the ORBX Add-Ons in the library and the problem still occurs.

I'm sorry, but you should try contacting OrbX, the problem is surely caused by some of their sceneries, since it's similar to what happens in KLAS, which they released a fix for.

simbro

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 05:20:38 pm »
Do you have a file "LFSB_000_ALT.BGL" in the directory "P3D4..\scenery\world\scenery" by chance?
If so, then try appending ".off" to it thus disabling it.... Maybe that's the culprit. If not then sorry can't help further.

somiller

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 05:43:33 am »
Some 3rd party airplanes are more sensitive to small bumps in the scenery that default ones. We found a way to remove the bump altogether, which will be included in the upcoming update for the scenery.

Umberto,

I certainly found that to be true. The FSW Falcon seems especially sensitive, while the default F-22 is not, but even it gets quite a bump.
Thanks for taking a look at this and finding a fix!

Steven Miller