Author Topic: refuel quicker please  (Read 1624 times)

garymccl

refuel quicker please
« on: January 28, 2020, 07:31:51 pm »
I use the Aerosoft A320 and I'm now having trouble fueling the aircraft. It used to be that it didn't fuel up totally, but is does now, it's just that it takes about 8 minutes before it even starts (after the tanker gets there). I get  this message:
Please use the refueling system of your aircraft to refuel

How do I get it to start fueling as soon as the tanker arrives?

Thanks, Gary

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: refuel quicker please
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 10:48:41 am »
As explained in the manual, and so many times on the forum, when the airplane is flagged to use its own custom fuel system, GSX is not trying to refuel the airplane itself but, instead, is reacting to what the airplane is doing, so it's still the airplane that is controlling the refueling process.

In these cases, GSX cannot control of force the airplane when to start its own refueling, or the refueling speed.

garymccl

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 02:25:00 am »
Thanks for that, but the aircraft is actually doing nothing at the time.  I call the refueling truck (I don't want anything done at the same time), then I wait until it's done. In this case, quite a long time before the refuel starts.

In the pic attached I have the screen grab for the 2nd GSX page - assuming that the REFUELING->Minimum Time is set to 15.0, is this something I can use to speed up the start up the refueling?

Beat578

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 07:28:23 am »
Thanks for that, but the aircraft is actually doing nothing at the time.  I call the refueling truck (I don't want anything done at the same time), then I wait until it's done. In this case, quite a long time before the refuel starts.

In the pic attached I have the screen grab for the 2nd GSX page - assuming that the REFUELING->Minimum Time is set to 15.0, is this something I can use to speed up the start up the refueling?

You did not understand Umberto's Post. You can not use GSX to actually fill up your AS Airbus. So, no matter what you will choose here (even if you choos 1 second) NOTHING will affect the filling of your plane. GSX sends you the fuel truck. He will then stay there and wait. Then YOU start the filling process INSIDE THE FMC of your Airbus. GSX is reacting on that and showing how your plane is filled. But in fact, it's only synching the animations with what your plane is doing itself, filling up the tanks. But because you started that inside your FMC, not because it is somewhere inside the GSX options.
Beat578