Author Topic: Multiple Buses For Boarding/Deboarding Passengers  (Read 2658 times)

Pioneer

Multiple Buses For Boarding/Deboarding Passengers
« on: January 27, 2020, 08:44:39 pm »
Is there a way to assign more than one bus at a time to board/deboard passengers. This would be especially helpful when there are hundreds of passengers. Sometime ago I was on a 747 at KORD where we were at non-jetway gate. There were at least two, maybe three buses there for us. Anyway would save time if we could do this.
I7-9700K @ 5Ghz, AORUS Z390 Master Motherboard, Corsair H100i Platinum AIO Cooler, AORUS GTX 1080ti Xtreme GPU, HyperX Predator 32GB RAM, Samsung 1TB NVMe + 2 x 1TB SSD's, 27" LG 27GL850-B QHD Monitor, Cooler Master MasterCase H500, Cooler Master 1000 Watt PSU, Win10, P3DV5.3/MSFS, Logitech X52 Pro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Multiple Buses For Boarding/Deboarding Passengers
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 10:52:15 pm »
GSX manual, Page 29, the explanation of what the "Multiple Trips" option does.

Pioneer

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 11:24:35 pm »
GSX manual, Page 29, the explanation of what the "Multiple Trips" option does.

I understand multiple trips. What I was referring to is having more than one bus at the plane at the same time. Example: 2 busses arrive initially. Passengers load into one bus and when full the second bus starts loading while the first bus departs, and if needed a 3rd bus arrives while the 2nd bus is being loaded and so on.
I7-9700K @ 5Ghz, AORUS Z390 Master Motherboard, Corsair H100i Platinum AIO Cooler, AORUS GTX 1080ti Xtreme GPU, HyperX Predator 32GB RAM, Samsung 1TB NVMe + 2 x 1TB SSD's, 27" LG 27GL850-B QHD Monitor, Cooler Master MasterCase H500, Cooler Master 1000 Watt PSU, Win10, P3DV5.3/MSFS, Logitech X52 Pro

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 11:28:22 pm »
I understand multiple trips. What I was referring to is having more than one bus at the plane at the same time.

Ok, that's not feasible, because it would double the number of passengers visible at any given time, and each one of them is animated at 30 fps, so we are already very close to what Simconnect can handle. If we double that, we might start affecting other systems.

Pioneer

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 11:38:38 pm »
I understand multiple trips. What I was referring to is having more than one bus at the plane at the same time.

Ok, that's not feasible, because it would double the number of passengers visible at any given time, and each one of them is animated at 30 fps, so we are already very close to what Simconnect can handle. If we double that, we might start affecting other systems.

In my example there are the same number of visible passengers as now, and still loading one bus at a time. However when the first bus is full, passengers start loading on the second bus while the first bus heads off, and if needed a third bus arrives while the second is being loaded and so on.

The same would apply in reverse. After the last passenger exits from the first bus the passengers in the second bus start exiting. always the same number of visible passengers.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 11:44:13 pm by Oswald53 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 12:13:40 am »
In my example there are the same number of visible passengers as now, and still loading one bus at a time. However when the first bus is full, passengers start loading on the second bus while the first bus heads off, and if needed a third bus arrives while the second is being loaded and so on.

That wouldn't speed up boarding that much, only the time for the 2nd bus to arrive, which is depending how well the AFCAD is made. And, of course, a second bus visible at the same time, it's not "free" on fps. Nothing is free.

Pioneer

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2020, 08:16:03 pm »

That wouldn't speed up boarding that much, only the time for the 2nd bus to arrive, which is depending how well the AFCAD is made. And, of course, a second bus visible at the same time, it's not "free" on fps. Nothing is free.

I would think the fps hit from a second bus would be negligible considering surrounding airport ground traffic at most if not all 3rd party airports.

As for time savings, yesterday at FDST PHNL Gate C1 I had 420 passengers on 5 busses take 25 minutes to load (passenger timing very dense) onto a PMDG 744. Almost 10 of those minutes was spent waiting for buses 2 thru 5.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 10:45:24 am »
I would think the fps hit from a second bus would be negligible considering surrounding airport ground traffic at most if not all 3rd party airports.

Ground traffic in airports is not usually made with the same kind of detail of the GSX bus, which is a fairly high poly model with full PBR, so it's likely equal to about 10 vehicles of the kind you usually in 3rd party airports. This because it was DESIGNED to be shown "alone". And, it's also full of people, when arriving. Sure, people with less detail, but still additional polygons. Again, nothing is "free" on fps.

As for time savings, yesterday at FDST PHNL Gate C1 I had 420 passengers on 5 busses take 25 minutes to load (passenger timing very dense) onto a PMDG 744. Almost 10 of those minutes was spent waiting for buses 2 thru 5.

As I've said, it depends on the airport. I never claimed that PHNL, which was made 10 years ago, has an AFCAD made to take into account GSX, so it might not have vehicle parking spots placed in the best places, we'll look into this.

Pioneer

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 07:55:43 pm »

Ground traffic in airports is not usually made with the same kind of detail of the GSX bus, which is a fairly high poly model with full PBR, so it's likely equal to about 10 vehicles of the kind you usually in 3rd party airports. This because it was DESIGNED to be shown "alone". And, it's also full of people, when arriving. Sure, people with less detail, but still additional polygons. Again, nothing is "free" on fps.

As I've said, it depends on the airport. I never claimed that PHNL, which was made 10 years ago, has an AFCAD made to take into account GSX, so it might not have vehicle parking spots placed in the best places, we'll look into this.

Fair enough.

Didn't realize that PHNL is 10 years old, just assumed it was up-to-date.

I wasn't looking to go toe to toe with you on this. Was and still is just a suggestion.