Author Topic: DEFAULT P3DV4 JETWAYS REPLACED WITH SODE XML JETWAY - CANNOT EDIT JETWAY  (Read 4400 times)

wtdunay

I'm currently running P3D ver 4.5.13.32097. I recently purchased and installed both GSX and GSX level 2 programs. The P3D default jetways were working fine until I installed GSX. The GSX installer replaced my default jetways with an XML SODE model version which cannot be edited using the jetway edit option in GSX. If I disable SODE under Options/Add-ons in P3D the GSX XML model is replaced with the default model. Unfortunately GSX no longer recognizes the jetway and animation is made unavailable. If I enable the SODE model under add-ons, the GSX model becomes available. But, None of the GSX jetways are attached to the KMHT airport terminal. Looks very unrealistic. So, I can't have it both ways. If I use the GSX control panel to re-enable the default jetways, the sim now shows both default and GSX XML jetways. Only the default jetways will animate. I uninstalled GSX for now until someone can tell me what the heck is going on here. Seems like a no-brainer after reading the GSX manual and following instructions on page 44 of the manual. But, like I said earlier, GSX cannot edit XML jetways unless some can show me how to do it. I've also reviewed the YouTube GSX jetway editor video but this video refers to 3rd party airports. I'm just trying to edit the default one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: DEFAULT P3DV4 JETWAYS REPLACED WITH SODE XML JETWAY - CANNOT EDIT JETWAY
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 11:35:29 am »
The GSX installer replaced my default jetways with an XML SODE model version which cannot be edited using the jetway edit option in GSX.

Sure they can. Of course, you must purchase AND activate GSX L2 in order to do that. And, GSX replaced default jetways only at DEFAULT airports.

If I disable SODE under Options/Add-ons in P3D the GSX XML model is replaced with the default model. Unfortunately GSX no longer recognizes the jetway and animation is made unavailable.

You shouldn't disable SODE, GSX L2 jetways won't work without it.

If I enable the SODE model under add-ons, the GSX model becomes available. But, None of the GSX jetways are attached to the KMHT airport terminal. Looks very unrealistic.

You don't say which airport you are referring to.

If it's a default airport, GSX automatically replaced jetways with a model that has precisely the same, exact measures as the default model it has replaced. Meaning, it's not possible the replaced jetways won't be attached to the terminal, unless they had this problem even before GSX, because GSX, of course, can only place its own jetways in the same, exact position as the default one and, since the replacement model is identical to the default ( just better looking and SODE-based ), they will fit the terminal just like the default ones.

So, either that airport already had this problem with default jetways, or you HAVE managed to change the jetway model with GSX editor with one that doesn't come with a bridge, so editing works after all.

All other models, except the default replacement, do not come with a bridge, which is normally a separate object you are supposed to choose with a length that will allow it to reach the terminal.

wtdunay

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 03:48:55 am »
Thank you everyone for your response. Most appreciated. Now, let me show you in pictures what I'm talking about. Please see 4 attachments to this posting.

I do own GSX & GSX Level 2 and they are both activated. The airport that is giving me JETWAY trouble is "KMHT" located in Manchester, New Hampshire, USA. I'd like to edit and REPLACE them with GSX Jetway's. Unfortunately GSX won't me. SEE ALL 4 ATTACHMENTS.

The Default (P3Dv4) Jetway's look good and work just fine. After installing GSX Level 2, the P3Dv4 default Jetway's are replaced with GSX Jetway's; I think. See attachment. GSX won't let me edit the GSX Jetway b/c it is a XML Jetway (Grayed-out in edit window). Again, see attachments.

If I uninstall GSX, the P3Dv4 Jetway's re-appear, attached to the terminal and animate just fine, but without GSX b/c of uninstall.

Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong. Please help! And thanks for your input.

Bill-

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 01:24:57 pm »
You screenshots clearly indicate that none of the problems you are having have anything to do with GSX.

- The 1st screen shows default jetways.

- Those in the 2nd screen are NOT the GSX L2 replacement jetways! ( GSX L2 jetways looks way better ), those are SODE jetways that have been added or are coming from the remnants of a 3rd party scenery that came with ITS OWN SODE XML jetways, and you are probably disabled or removed, leaving the SODE files in place.

You are probably assuming "they came with GSX", only because GSX installed SODE.

What really happened, most likely, is that you had a 3rd party scenery that came with SODE and installed its own SODE jetways, then you removed it, so you are now with the default scenery, but the SODE XML file for that airport is still there, in the %PROGRAMDATA%\12bpilot\SODE\XML folder so, as soon as you reinstalled GSX, which reinstalled SODE, those jetways became active again but, since the scenery they were originally made for is not there, they are not connecting to the terminal.

- GSX, of course, sees you already have SODE XML jetways, so it has disabled any editing, which is entirely normal, since if a scenery already has SODE jetways on its own, GSX doesn't try to replace them.

If you remove the XML for that airport located here:

%PROGRAMDATA%\12bpilot\SODE\XML

You'll finally see the much better looking GSX L2 jetways, fully editable.

wtdunay

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 07:43:13 pm »
Thanks Umberto!!! That solved the problem. Wow . . . I never thought about the XML files in the SODE folder.

I had many XML Jetway files in that fold. I have now removed them and now see the beautiful GSX Jetway's.

Thanks again for your help! Kudos to you.

Bill-

wtdunay

Re: Washington X Jetway's (KDCA) cannot replace them with GSX version.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 08:30:05 pm »
Hi Umberto,

You helped me before and was wondering if you can help me again.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to replace Washington X (KDCA) Jetway's with the new GSX version. (See attachment). I've tried using the GSX Level 2 parking editor and control panel for airport KDCA to replace them with the GSX version. Unfortunately exclude BGL didn't work.

Do you know how to accomplish this? I watched the GSX Level 2 Jetway tutorial and followed the instructions carefully, but without success. The GSX Jetway's are much better and I'd love to use them.

Are there any Washington X files that need deleting to accomplish getting rid of the product default Jetway's?

Thanks,

Bill-

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 09:07:48 pm »
Washington X's KDCA uses SODE jetways as far as I'm aware, which is why that method of doing it didn't work.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 03:43:34 pm »
If that scenery uses its own SODE jetways, my last post explained how to remove them to replace them with GSX ones.