Author Topic: Occupied Gates  (Read 1751 times)

mcttwist

Occupied Gates
« on: June 06, 2019, 11:36:44 pm »
I think it would be a nice feature to remove an aircraft from a gate using GSX. When I fly with AI traffic a majority of the time the specific gate (such as FSLabs giving me a gate assignment) that I want to use is occupied so I have to park somewhere else. It would be nice to be able to remove that aircraft somehow. I don't know how feasible this is, but I would very much appreciate it.

Daniel Baker

Re: Occupied Gates
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 10:39:10 pm »
I second this request, and also that it would keep that spot open from any respawned aircraft.

So right now, when you look for gates in the GSX menu, it lists the gates by numbers and whether it's occupied or not - selecting an occupied gate would "free" that up for you, and keep it freed up.

This is my #1 pain point with GSX at the moment, spending many minutes trying to find parking when I should be doing my after landing flow checks.

Thanks for any consideration here,

Daniel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 08:51:56 am »
We discussed so many times the "Kill AI" feature, and always assumed "no, our users would surely complain of the existence of such unrealistic feature, no way", and now it's "my #1 pain point with GSX at the moment" ?

We'll look into it, hopefully users won't find it too gamey.

Daniel Baker

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 01:50:35 am »
Great, thanks very much for your consideration.  Love the program, and very much appreciate you making continual improvements.

- Daniel

Ankh

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 11:48:08 am »
We discussed so many times the "Kill AI" feature, and always assumed "no, our users would surely complain of the existence of such unrealistic feature, no way", and now it's "my #1 pain point with GSX at the moment" ?

Give users the choice? I mean, it does not have to be automatically, just if you select your destination gate when being below 10'000ft results in deleting AI traffic at the selected gate. If someone finds this utterly "unrealistic", he can still disable this option...