Author Topic: How to add Gate Numbers to FlyTampaMDW with GSX?  (Read 1360 times)

micstatic

How to add Gate Numbers to FlyTampaMDW with GSX?
« on: January 23, 2020, 03:11:29 pm »
As the topic says.  I have no gate numbers or markings on ramp for the gate.  So I have no idea what gate is what.  Is there a way to add gate numbers?  I looked in the GSX airport position settings, but the gate number section was greyed out.  Thanks

Timothy Metzinger

Re: How to add Gate Numbers to FlyTampaMDW with GSX?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 01:23:27 am »
I just checked, and my version has GSX jetways with gate numbers  (P3D4.5, GSXV2, FlyTampa KMDW).   When I go to adjust airport positions in GSX, I find that there is a jetway at all A, B, and C gates.

Now, I cant recall where I got the GSX .ini file, but I'm attaching it here if you want to try it.  It's not from Cartayna, so I may have gotten it via the exchange here or from inibuilds.  Or I just did it myself by selecting all the gates and adding a jetway to each gate. 

Bottom line is that GSX can't create ramp markings or gate markings unless you insert a jetway.  Then you can have the option to add a jetway label, and select the ramp markings that outline the "danger" area for the jetway.

micstatic

Re: How to add Gate Numbers to FlyTampaMDW with GSX?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 02:48:11 pm »
thanks so much.  I'll play around with it now.