Author Topic: is there a way make gsx load from further out?  (Read 1565 times)

Ioan92

is there a way make gsx load from further out?
« on: January 23, 2020, 08:55:17 pm »
it's really bad to have gsx load while you're handflying on finals, and i'd really like to have it load in advance.. same with jfk, which loads way too late

is there a setting somewhere that i can tweak for this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: is there a way make gsx load from further out?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 08:40:52 am »
GSX doesn't "load", so it doesn't have the concept of a loading range, except for JETWAYS, IF GSX jetways are in use on a certain airport.

JFK loading range has obviously been carefully set to be lower than other FSDT sceneries, because of its close proximity with other airports ( LGA and EWR ) and the Manhattan skyline so, if we tried to load it earlier, it will likely crash FSX and 32 bit versions of P3D4, and will still down fps a lot in P3D4, so the range has been chosen to be sure LGA won't be loaded together with JFK.

Ioan92

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 03:11:28 pm »
GSX doesn't "load", so it doesn't have the concept of a loading range, except for JETWAYS, IF GSX jetways are in use on a certain airport.

Which is exactly what I meant. I found a workaround to just select a gate once I cross 10k, but I'd like you to add an option to have them load in further away so it doesn't bother us while hand-flying approaches.

JFK loading range has obviously been carefully set to be lower than other FSDT sceneries, because of its close proximity with other airports ( LGA and EWR ) and the Manhattan skyline so, if we tried to load it earlier, it will likely crash FSX and 32 bit versions of P3D4, and will still down fps a lot in P3D4, so the range has been chosen to be sure LGA won't be loaded together with JFK.

I am aware of that and I'm asking you if it's possible to add the option to load em from further out. Lower FPS is an acceptable alternative to having the runway show up on final.

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 05:34:35 pm »
I think the notion is that the jetways (and other GSX objects) may not load at JFK until you're very close, but the airport itself loads at whatever range is set by the Scenery.