Author Topic: Afcad Parking Codes  (Read 4601 times)

f.skywalker

Afcad Parking Codes
« on: January 22, 2020, 09:38:40 am »
Hello FSDT support Team,

i just looked at the Afcad from LFSB because my UTLive planes are always parking at the wrong position.
The parking codes in the Afcad are usually incorrect.
Not all but most. I know LFSB very well but the parking codes should be changed.
An example. CLH always parks at parking, 12, 14, 16 otherwise anywhere.
HOP always parks at 28-24
Is it possible to adjust that?
I made some adjustments myself.

Thanks Frank from EDDM

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Afcad Parking Codes
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 12:41:09 pm »
Please make a list with everything you think should be changed.

Psybear

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 12:40:07 am »
Yes, would be a big help with AI parking all over the place and never using the main terminal or jetways.
Win10 Pro x64v2004 -256GB M.2 600p | Prepar3D v5.0 hf2-512GB M.2 960 Pro | Storage-1TB 850 Pro
Z270 XPower Titanium / i7-7700K @4.7GHz-H115i / 32GB TridentZ @3200MHz 14-14-14-34
GTX1070/8GB Quicksilver (451.48) |34W 2560x1080 | Crystal 460X-AX860i

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 03:02:20 am »
 That's why it's good to become comfortable with ADE. Then you make it the way you want it.

Psybear

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 02:04:01 pm »
Well, presumably the developer is also familiar with ADE. This way we help the developer improve the airport out of the box for those unfamiliar with ADE.  8)
Win10 Pro x64v2004 -256GB M.2 600p | Prepar3D v5.0 hf2-512GB M.2 960 Pro | Storage-1TB 850 Pro
Z270 XPower Titanium / i7-7700K @4.7GHz-H115i / 32GB TridentZ @3200MHz 14-14-14-34
GTX1070/8GB Quicksilver (451.48) |34W 2560x1080 | Crystal 460X-AX860i

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 05:31:54 pm »
 How many hundreds of payware airport sceneries have been released for the sims (FS9 through all of the P3d's) for how many years now and I can count the number of times they have ever come with a good for AI ade/airport file on one hand. Much much easier to learn how to use ADE and make it work for you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 08:54:50 am »
Please don't confuse two entirely different things:

1) The AFCAD having "wrong" airline code. With this, I mean something that can be seen in the AFCAD *ITSELF*, not in relationship with any AI product you are using. As an example, you see a code on a parking that lists an airline that should't be there, or have a parking missing an airline code that you know goes there. Or, a parking with a radius that is clearly wrong.

2) An AFCAD that looks correct, but for some reason doesn't work perfectly well with the AI package YOU use. As an example, a parking has the correct airline code and the correct radius, but that code might not be available in your AI ( it might have changed ), you might miss the model, the AI is wrong, the AI radius is not right.

Problems of the #1 kind are the only ones we CAN and SHOULD fix, and are the only ones we are interested in. Unfortunately, most of the times, when someone comes here saying "Your AFCAD is totally wrong, I remade it myself", when asked to provide a list of ALL the changes, so we can put it back in the AFCAD for everybody to use, the OP usually disappears. Let's hope this is not the case.

Problems of the #2 kind are basically impossible to fix, because if the AFCAD is correct, but not adapted to a certain kind of AI product ( or a *combination* of more than on AI pack ), it's impossible to "fix" it without causing problems to users of different AI products.

Waiting here for reports of the #1 kind, which will be promptly added in the supplied AFCAD, if reported in the correct way. With "correct way", I mean a list that looks like this:

- Parking XX in the AFCAD should have the following codes ( xxx YYY zzz, etc. ) and the radius should be this, for the following reasons....

Again, the reference should be real-world usage. Saying "Parking XX should have this ( wrong ) code, because I'm using AI-product-YY that use an outdated code for the XX company, so I replaced it with ZZ", means it's an #2 kind of issue.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 09:53:55 pm »
Exactly why I always edit the airport files myself, I make it work for my AI and always use ICAO codes and correct wingspans.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 01:52:51 am »
Today's update is an example why you should try to use the AFCAD that comes with the scenery, and trying to post suggestions.

Since we added custom 3D runway approach lights, if you don't let the Live Update to update the AFCAD, you'll see two set of lights: the one that *used* to be in our previous AFCAD ( the one you might have modified ), together with the new custom ones we added. Of course, we removed the default approach lights in the latest AFCAD, but if you don't allow the Live Update to overwrite your copy, you'll see double approach lights. We put a note on the release notes, hopefully it will be read...

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 09:29:05 am »
 I'll certainly update it, but the amount of updates I do for AI parking more than likely FAR outweighs the changes to the lighting that I can also adapt to my version. LFSB parking is fairly easy compared to the larger airports in your collection.