Author Topic: Fuel Truck and Pushback Issues  (Read 1873 times)

quentcor

Fuel Truck and Pushback Issues
« on: January 22, 2020, 09:09:08 am »
It is possible I have missed something, but I have a very determined fuel truck in my GSX2 setup. Recently, it refueled the AS A330 aircraft five times before I had to reset GSX to get rid of it. I discovered that I could prevent multiple visits by the fuel truck by bypassing the fueling item in the menu and proceeding direct with boarding. The option in the GSX settings menu regarding fueling progressively was not selected, but this made no difference. However, the GSX menu did advise that the aircraft's fueling system was active and this did complete loading the amount of fuel specified by the load sheet.

Boarding having completed successfully, I then selected pushback and, blow me down, the fuel truck re-appeared and prevented pushback from continuing until it had completed its fueling process.

Alas! Pushback had by then become 'confused' and failed to proceed. Not even the A330 pushback would work and I had to resort to the sim's shift + P.

I see that a lot of work is underway on the GSX pushback and hopefully it will take care of the above scenario.

Where can I find guidelines on how to use the GSX menu with the Aerosoft A330?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fuel Truck and Pushback Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 09:16:23 am »
Have you enabled the "Detect custom aircraft system refueling" option ?

If yes, it's best to turn it off ( it's OFF by default ), because it will surely conflict with an airplane that controls GSX, like the Aerosoft Airbus, since what that option does, is call the fuel truck automatically, which of course shouldn't be done if the airplane is supposed to call it itself.

quentcor

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 12:09:19 pm »
Thank you Umberto. Problem solved.

I raised the matter with Aerosoft regarding the 'disparity' between the time the GSX fuel truck is fueling and the fuel loaded numbers shown in the aircraft fueling system. What happens in my setup is that the fuel truck stays in place under the wing until +- 10000Kg of fuel has been loaded, then leaves even when a lot more fuel is required. Underground fuel option has been selected. The MCDU3 fuel loaded stops counting while the fuel truck leaves, but then continues after the fuel truck has left until the load sheet quantity of fuel has been reached.

I increased the minimum time for fueling in GSX settings to 300 seconds, but this has had no effect.

This seems to be a GSX related thing because the Aerosoft fueling is working OK. Perhaps an adjustment in a forthcoming GSX update will keep the fuel truck in place until the MCDU3 load sheet fuel quantity has been reached.

Regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 01:13:50 pm »
What happens in my setup is that the fuel truck stays in place under the wing until +- 10000Kg of fuel has been loaded, then leaves even when a lot more fuel is required.

This can only happen because the airplane has stopped refueling. GSX monitors if the airplane is refueling, by checking the overall fuel quantity. If the constant increase stops, GSX can only assume the airplane has finished refueling, so it goes away.

Could you please test using the same quantities, but with a default airplane, or any other airplane that is not supposed to control GSX ?

quentcor

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 08:54:31 am »
I have yet to set up GSX to work with a large default aircraft. However, Aerosoft have said they are working on the fueling issues and I'll wait to see the outcome of their efforts. It's basically just a small syncing issue and I can live with the current fueling process. At least the fuel quantity specified in the load sheet is fully loaded.