Author Topic: Integrate GSX and door handling with NGXu  (Read 1767 times)

Angelo

Integrate GSX and door handling with NGXu
« on: January 17, 2020, 05:41:31 pm »
@Virtuali is it possible for the FSDT or end-user to make this a reality? I already asked at the PMDG forums and they responded with a firm no. It would be really nice to have the same integration as FSL.

Thank you Umberto!

airbadger

Re: Integrate GSX and door handling with NGXu
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 06:35:21 pm »
I don’t think that’s something FSDT can do on their end. I recommend assigning hot keys to pax/cargo doors and chocks to at least minimize the options menu hops.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Integrate GSX and door handling with NGXu
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 08:05:38 pm »
@Virtuali is it possible for the FSDT or end-user to make this a reality? I already asked at the PMDG forums and they responded with a firm no. It would be really nice to have the same integration as FSL.

We think that acting on the airplane own systems, like or doors or fuel, should be done by the airplane developer, who's supposed to know about every possible repercussion on their own simulation if something is changing.

I had a quick read on their forum, and they keep saying they don't want to have GSX "changing their product", even after several users already pointed out that integrating with GSX doesn't mean allowing GSX to "change" something in their simulation, it means *reading* some variables *from* GSX, to know what GSX is doing, and do whatever they decide to do in their own airplane code to do any kind of integration that would make their users happy.

GSX doesn't touch any of the airplane systems. When an airplane has full integration with GSX, the airplane developer himself, that will decide which and when do any changes to them, with his own code, which is what FS Labs, Aerosoft and Leonardo did very successfully. In fact, is exactly the opposite: WE allow the airplane code to "change" GSX, and we offer full support for anybody wanting to do that.