Author Topic: Customize parking position not working  (Read 4581 times)

sikke

Customize parking position not working
« on: January 15, 2020, 07:31:40 pm »
Helo,
 since last week I am experiencing a new problem. When I want to change something in one of the parking spots I open the "customise this parking position" and the GSX customization window appears. Until now no problem but then when I click on Customize parking or customize parking system this window disappears which is normal but nothing else happens. Normally you see the 3D editor appearing but not with me and nothing works anymore. I try to restart couatl and rebuild airport cache but nothing happens. I have to restart prepar 3D to let GSX work again.
Is it due to an update or something else, I don't know. I can not say exactly when it started because I don't use that function that much.

Help would be apreciated.
Thanks
Francis Vanroy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Customize parking position not working
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 10:34:19 am »
I cannot replicate this, we just made the GSX customization for Basel, and made another update yesterday, and it worked normally.

Which airport you use ? Try to enable logging in the GSX Troubleshooting page, restart Couatl, and try editing the same parking again. When the screeen seems locked, exit the sim and check this file:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG

ZIP the file and Attach it to a post here.

sikke

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 05:02:26 pm »
Hello
thanks for the response. Here is the log but there is not much in it.
I have it at EBBR from justsim and LIMC from aerosoft.
Greetings
Francis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 07:01:40 pm »
Are you sure that log is the result AFTER you started a GSX customization resulting in the problem you reported ? It looks more like a log created as soon the sim is started. Before you reach the airport customization, the log should already contain A LOT of lines.

sikke

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 08:47:38 pm »
Everytime when I stop the sim the log looks like this. Now I saved the log while the sim was running and after reloading couatl and the editor and I got this but I also noticed that when I wait long enough (ap. 2 minutes) the editor opens. Or sometimes when I change from fullscreen to screen mode. Very strange.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 08:28:31 pm »
Same as before, you created a log of when the simulator just started. As I've said, you should not stop the sim yourself. Instead, you should try to do the same thing you did before, that is entering in the "customize parking positions", and wait for the same problem to appear. THEN you can stop the sim, and check the Log.

If you get to the point when you select the ""customize parking positions", the log should contain hundreds of lines by then.

sikke

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 11:42:51 am »
Sorry, but I sent the wrong log, this should be the right one.
Francis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 12:21:37 pm »
You haven't attached anything yet.

sikke

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 01:27:40 pm »
Sorry, it's not my day  ::)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 02:22:27 pm »
Your log doesn't show any problems. Are you sure you exited AFTER you entered the parking customization page and *after* what you reported before, of the program seemingly being stuck ? From your log, it seems you just loaded GSX on an airport, without doing anything else, then you existed the sim.

sikke

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2020, 04:18:50 pm »
Thats just the problem, when I want to open the 3D customize parking system nothing happens, the editor where you can edit all the positions from the aircraft and the airport vehicles does not load, nothing happens and I can't use GSX anymore, and the fps drops at least with 10fps.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 02:16:55 pm »
Thats just the problem, when I want to open the 3D customize parking system nothing happens, the editor where you can edit all the positions from the aircraft and the airport vehicles does not load, nothing happens and I can't use GSX anymore, and the fps drops at least with 10fps.

Which means you must have had an error, which doesn't show in your log. Are you able to use the editor on another airport ?

sikke

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2020, 02:41:48 pm »
No, the same thing everywhere (ESSA,LEPA,LIMC,etc...)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2020, 12:46:07 pm »
I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce it in any way, nor anybody else has reported this. Try this:

- Remove these folders ( maybe MOVE them to another place, like your Desktop, so you can restore them )

%APPDATA%\Virtuali
%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali

Then reinstall GSX, and try editing a default airport.

sikke

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2020, 11:17:38 am »
I have tried reinstalling but it does not work. Same problem.