Author Topic: KORD Crashes P3D v4  (Read 10648 times)

drego22

KORD Crashes P3D v4
« on: January 15, 2020, 03:09:15 am »
Hello, I am sending this message to alert you all that  after running the update and trying to dock the gate, the gate would not work, so I tried restarting coolant, and it crashed P3D v4. Please help me resolve this issue, it was working fine until after the update.

Andre Chambers
Andre Chambers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KORD Crashes P3D v4
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 02:06:48 pm »
It's not possible that Couatl crashed the sim, since Couatl, as an external .EXE, cannot crash the sim. Since you said it's tied to the jetway docking, it's possible it's a SODE issue, and it's possibly happening because of another scenery for Chicago in the area.

drego22

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 10:28:16 pm »
Every time I try to modify the parking position and selecting coustomize vehicle location and ok, I don't receive the GSX vehicles, and after trying to restart couatl it crashes P3D! Please help me resolve this issue! I didn't have this problem until after the last update before the one today! Thank you in advance!

Andre Chambers
Andre Chambers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 11:06:51 pm »
As I've said, it's not possible that Couatl crashed the sim, since Couatl, as an external .EXE, cannot crash the sim.

When you select the customize vehicle location, the jetway becomes active and is sent to SODE so, again, it's possible that's might be an issue with it and it can possibly caused by another scenery in the Chicago area.

Are you able to customize the GSX vehicle in another airport ?

drego22

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 11:12:25 pm »
No disrespect, but why every time I try to restart it p3d shuts down?
Andre Chambers

drego22

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 11:28:52 pm »
It worked fine with this airport until after the update before the one today, are you all trying to make your airport incompatible with Chicago X? Like I said before, it worked fine before the update,  didn't have any prob
As I've said, it's not possible that Couatl crashed the sim, since Couatl, as an external .EXE, cannot crash the sim.

When you select the customize vehicle location, the jetway becomes active and is sent to SODE so, again, it's possible that's might be an issue with it and it can possibly caused by another scenery in the Chicago area.

Are you able to customize the GSX vehicle in another airport ?
lems whatsoever!
Andre Chambers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 12:32:22 am »
No disrespect, but why every time I try to restart it p3d shuts down?

It surely doesn't here, and nobody ever reported this. The worse it can happen, is that it might not come back from the restart, but surely cannot crash the sim. It must be something else.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 12:32:38 am »
lems whatsoever!

What do you mean with this ?

drego22

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 02:02:33 am »
I am not sure, but nothing else changed except for the update when I ran the update manager, did you guys add something that conflicts with Chicago X? That is the only thing I can think of, I am not sure. I apologize for the last post, I mistook and add one of your old posts. Cheers!

Andre Chambers
Andre Chambers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 12:21:03 pm »
did you guys add something that conflicts with Chicago X?

We haven't changed or added anything, but i'ts a known issue there's a problem with Chicago X which makes SODE crashing. SODE, being a .DLL, can *potentially* crash the sim, even if the only thing I could replicate is SODE disappearing from the menu when overflying the Chicago downtown, we notified SODE's author, who's looking into this.

drego22

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2020, 06:59:15 pm »
Ok, thank you! If you will, please post if SODE comes up with a solution to the issue.  Thank you in advance! Cheers!

Andre Chambers
Andre Chambers

drego22

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2020, 04:56:04 pm »
Has there been a fix for this problem, I have not seen any post that it has been fixed yet   :-\
Andre Chambers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2020, 05:13:46 pm »
It's confirmed the problem it's a bug in the DD Chicago X scenery ( ILS with an illegal name ), which will be fixed with a SODE update, which will add additional checks to prevent crashing.

drego22

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2020, 03:47:51 pm »
Has an SODE update been released yet that you know of?
Andre Chambers

drego22

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2020, 03:51:04 pm »
Thank you for letting us know what the issue is!
Andre Chambers