Author Topic: CYVR Gate identifiers  (Read 4235 times)

IanHarr

CYVR Gate identifiers
« on: January 14, 2020, 09:17:10 am »
Would it be possible to add "Heavy, medium and small" to CYVR gates?
It is a bit hit and miss to arrive and have to choose a gate from the menu with no clue as to how large it is.

Thanks

Ian Harrison

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: CYVR Gate identifiers
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 10:02:52 am »
 There isn't such thing in real life. You can simply just adjust GSX to fit whatever size aircraft that you want.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 12:00:27 pm »
It is a bit hit and miss to arrive and have to choose a gate from the menu with no clue as to how large it is.

Which is why, GSX will tell you is a parking is too small for your aircraft on its menu: for the precise reason you will known which one can be used.

IanHarr

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 08:30:12 pm »
There isn't such thing in real life.

I don't agree. I have never heard of an Airbus 380 arriving at a B737 gate and expecting it to be rebuilt to fit!

You can simply just adjust GSX to fit whatever size aircraft that you want.
Yes, I realise that and I know you can tell GSX to ignore wing size but surely gates are built to accommodate specific types of aircraft?

IanHarr

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 08:32:14 pm »

Which is why, GSX will tell you is a parking is too small for your aircraft on its menu: for the precise reason you will known which one can be used.

But only once you are there. Can't it be made tell you when you request a parking gate?

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 10:55:31 pm »

Yes, I realise that and I know you can tell GSX to ignore wing size but surely gates are built to accommodate specific types of aircraft?

Some are yes, but it's very common to see gates at YVR (probably anywhere else for that matter) being used by A319 or B737 and the next flight by a B77W, B744 or B789 etc.