Author Topic: 33L/15R? Aivlasoft problem also.  (Read 3228 times)

Aviator1979

33L/15R? Aivlasoft problem also.
« on: January 11, 2020, 10:47:56 pm »
Hello Virtuali, when im on the start screen of p3d, i can also select 33L and 15R? Could it be an afcad problem, i also cannot choose my approach in the Aivlasoft EFB, it only shows 26 and 08? i scanned for afcad duplicates but never had any LFSB scenery installed. Thanks in advance

alpha117

Re: 33L/15R? Aivlasoft problem also.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 04:06:52 am »
Aivlasoft EFB works just fine here and has all the data as per the realworld. SID/STAR has nothing to do with the airport scenery. Is your EFB navigraph cycle data up to date?. Have you rebuilt your EFB database since installing the scenery?

The AFCAD shows 33L/15R(2510 x 148ft) as a grass runway. it does show in Google Earth, but with a big 'X", so I would say it's an old and outdated runway, but has been included for completeness as its there still in the RealWorld. There are no procedures for it, it's not usable, so why is this an issue or an AFCAD problem?

Only slight issues is that is 'open' both ends for arrival and departures in the AFCAD, not sure why that is. Easy to 'close' if you can use ADE.

I'm sure there is a good reason for this
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 12:01:45 pm by alpha117 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 08:34:22 pm »
When doing the scenery, we had a discussion if we should include the grass runway or not, and the two different positions were:

- The grass runway is officially closed and is not listed on the latest AIRAC, our users are mostly tubeliners fans, don't put it, as they might assume the scenery has a bug.

- The grass runway is clearly visible on Google Maps, some sites says it's there and "The grass runways are merely for special events/recreation, or can be requested in the pilot's behalf, if one wishes according to its aircraft":

http://wiki.flightgear.org/EuroAirport_Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg

We put it there, so users with light airplanes wanting to have fun would find it USEFUL to start the flight from there, and everybody else will just ignore it.

The Google/Wikipedia position won...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 01:03:27 am by virtuali »

Aviator1979

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 08:39:29 pm »
Aa ok now its clear thanks for the information :-)