Author Topic: GSX Service Vehicles Spawn  (Read 2404 times)

CaliKrak

GSX Service Vehicles Spawn
« on: January 11, 2020, 08:13:36 pm »
So I was wondering wether it is possible or not to somehow change the place where the service vehicles, like catering, baggage carts and fuel trucks, spawn because most of the times I´ve used those services the vehicles end up doing some strange turns and even crossing the plane and crashing with the engines removing all the realism that GSX is intended to give the simulator.

PS: I already modified the gate vehicles positions but there is no option for the catering vehicles, for example.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX Service Vehicles Spawn
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 08:24:05 pm »
Pretty sure it's dependent on the airport's AFCAD.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Service Vehicles Spawn
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 10:27:29 pm »
PS: I already modified the gate vehicles positions but there is no option for the catering vehicles, for example.

That's because they don't spawn at the user parking, but on parking spots of the "Vehicle" or the "Fuel" kind, assuming the scenery have them, and assuming they are connected to the rest of the airport layout with proper paths of the "Vehicle" kind.

If the scenery AFCAD is not made well enough, GSX must find some way to reach your airplane, so vehicles might start from any parking ( if both "Vehicle" or "Fuel" parking spots are missing or unconnected ), and will take any possible route to get there, including passing over taxiways and even crossing runways, if there's NO other choice.

And, lacking a proper and realistic connection between vehicle paths, it's likely those vehicle might take strange routes, especially when reaching the airplane, because they *must* reach you in any possible way.

So, basically, it's the old issue of "Trash IN = Trash OUT".

A well designed AFCAD, will go to great lengths to result in a smoother ground movement. That's the whole reason why such dedicated vehicle paths exists in real life too.