Author Topic: de-icing  (Read 5002 times)

arseny

de-icing
« on: July 06, 2018, 10:36:59 pm »
Hello FSDT, recently FSLabs released A319X with icing feature and when I was trying it out I noticed that I can do icing only before pushback, but as far as I know in some airports de-icing procedure performs in specially designated places, for example at Vanta airport. So, are you considering to add this feature in next updates? I apologize in advance if this question was answered before.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 05:33:01 pm by arseny »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: de-icing
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 02:08:00 am »
Remote deicing areas are planned and, in fact, they are already available in some of our airports (Zurich and Chicago).

However, being able to use them everywhere, would require adding them to the scenery customization editor, and they would have to be added manually, either by users or by the scenery developers. It wouldn't be very realistic just allowing to call the deicers from anywhere.

Wolf0

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 03:52:40 pm »
It wouldn't be very realistic just allowing to call the deicers from anywhere.

Hello.

Maybe it's not the best and most realistic solution, but it would solve the problem.
It definitely would be more realistic than just being able to de-ice at the gate.

Now it's even more important since the holdover times are counting.

We can't depend on scenery developers to add correct de-ice areas. We could be given the opportunity to add something to the afcad to signal gsx than that was the correct spot for de-ice.

Or just treat the de-ice trucks as a follow-me. Have them meet you where you call them. If a user wants realism I'm sure he will only call the trucks at the appropriate de-ice bay. If a user decides to call the trucks somewhere else I'm sure he will not complain about lack of realism.

[btw: that would be a good way to implement some gsx - rescue version! ;-) ctrl+f12 / 8 - call rescue vehicles]
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 04:03:56 pm by Wolf0 »

duartempo

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 04:20:39 pm »
Hello,

I also think it is a good idea for de-icing to be called from anywhere. Like Wolf0 said, malthough not ideal, it seems more realistic than the current status of only de-icing at the gate.

Anyway, congratulations on the product and looking forward to Level 2!

Kind Regards,
Bruno.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 08:33:27 am »
Like Wolf0 said, malthough not ideal, it seems more realistic than the current status of only de-icing at the gate.

Two wrongs don't make it right. The proper way of doing this, is to add the ability in the scenery customization page to define deicing areas.

No, you don't have to wait for scenery developers, you can do it yourself, and only once, the first time you use an airport, then it's saved in the .INI file for that airport.

Wolf0

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 10:06:25 am »
Hello Umberto.

That is a very welcome solution. I'm looking forward to it.

Now let's wait impatiently for September and Level 2! I really want to meet my new passengers!

Keight

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 12:01:45 am »
It wouldn't be very realistic just allowing to call the deicers from anywhere.
I think it would be the most appropriate way to call deicers from anywhere. Wolf0 is right its the responsibility of a user if he decides to request deicing right on the runway. Although runways could be excluded so that gsx wouldnt allow that. The rest places like taxiways, startup points, deicing areas, remote stands etc. can be suitable for deicing depending on the airport. Its going to be an extra PITA to customize the airports especially  like on the example below.

The Dispatcher

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 03:55:24 am »
Remote deicing areas are planned and, in fact, they are already available in some of our airports (Zurich and Chicago).

Hi Umberto,

Sorry to drag up an older post, but in referencing the above, are the remote deicing pads working in Chicago V2 or just Chicago V1? I was not able to find any reference to them in either the ORDv2 Manual or GSX Manual, and can only get gate spray to function (no request function at the central de-ice facility).

Thanks for the clarification.

Andrew Reynolds