Author Topic: Black areas/patches around the airport (LFSB) **SOLVED**  (Read 8515 times)

alexvs

Re: Black areas/patches around the airport (LFSB)
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2020, 09:58:44 pm »
Hi,

Disabling the files to *.off works for me also. Using ORBX. I hope that I don't have to edit the files every time I use LiveUpdate. Maybe Umberto can edit the update program so it sees that the files are *.off and stay that way?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2020, 10:10:18 pm »
Same problem and same addons. It's not a shader problem.

I initially assumed it was a shader problem, because the textures looked corrupted. Instead, it's caused by the OrbX replacement texture for that particular landclass to be either missing or corrupted, which means any other scenery that would use that particular landclass would cause the same problem.

We made this local landclass because, in the default scenery, there are built-up areas too close to the airport that are not supposed to be there, so we corrected it with a landclass and, of course, if the default landclass is not missing or corrupted, it will work fine.

In any case, we moved out the two landclasses in a separate folder named LFSB\scenery\optional_LC_dontuse_with_OrbX, so by default they will be disabled now.

alexvs

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2020, 10:20:33 pm »
Hi,

Superrrr service for the ORBX users.

Thnx.

Roland

Re: Black areas/patches around the airport (LFSB) **SOLVED**
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 04:36:48 pm »
No idea, we only test with default. Try this, remove these two files ( with the sim NOT running ):

Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\LFSB\scenery\LC_4915.BGL
Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\LFSB\scenery\LC_5015.BGL

And see if it's fixed.

Hi, I do not use Orbx but after each LiveUpdate the two above files are missing in my scenery folder. As fas as I understood the post, only people having Orbx running, should remove those files. But why does LiveUpdate delete them as Orbx is not installed on my PC? I had once installed Orbx Central and the scenery libraries but uninstalled the program and the scenery libraries as well. Is the installation routine looking for orbx in the registry and is it possible that there are some left overs which were not uninstalled properly?

Regards Roland

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Black areas/patches around the airport (LFSB) **SOLVED**
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2020, 02:03:10 pm »
The update doesn't check for OrbX and, as explained in the previous post, we moved out the two landclasses in a separate folder named LFSB\scenery\optional_LC_dontuse_with_OrbX, so by default they will be disabled now.