Author Topic: Extracting C:\Windows\Fonts\FSDT_LCD.ttf  (Read 6114 times)

Raufvogel

Extracting C:\Windows\Fonts\FSDT_LCD.ttf
« on: January 10, 2020, 03:56:42 pm »
Dear employee, after download 'gsx_p3d4_setup.exe' and install, there is something to do about this problem, please?

Raufvogel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Extracting C:\Windows\Fonts\FSDT_LCD.ttf
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 03:58:20 pm »

Raufvogel

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 04:46:58 pm »
Thank you, I've made a lot of Exclusions in Defender and also tried to Ignore, but after reinstall GSX, FSDT is not working in P3Dv4 because of the AFCAD message.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 05:01:03 pm »
Thank you, I've made a lot of Exclusions in Defender and also tried to Ignore, but after reinstall GSX, FSDT is not working in P3Dv4 because of the AFCAD message.

You don't say if the cache regeneration completed successfully or not. If it hasn't, it might be caused by a corrupted .BGL file.

Raufvogel

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 05:25:09 pm »
Thank you, can you give the right instruction to accomplish 'cache regeneration' please?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 05:25:59 pm »
Thank you, can you give the right instruction to accomplish 'cache regeneration' please?

It's done automatically after a Live Update, or it can be triggered manually from the Couatl Settings menu, with the "Restart and rebuild airport cache" command.

Raufvogel

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 06:03:18 pm »

It's done automatically after a Live Update, or it can be triggered manually from the Couatl Settings menu, with the "Restart and rebuild airport cache" command.

Sorry, I've also tried 'restart and rebuild airport cache' but no acces to GSX :-(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 06:11:06 pm »
Sorry, I've also tried 'restart and rebuild airport cache' but no acces to GSX :-(

Again, you don't say if the cache regeneration completed successfully or not.

Raufvogel

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 08:00:44 pm »
Yes, the regeneration was at 100% completed successfully.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 08:07:06 pm »
Yes, the regeneration was at 100% completed successfully.

Check the name of the AFCAD used by GSX in that airport, with the "customize airport positions" from the GSX menu.

Raufvogel

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 10:00:24 am »
I can't find "customize airport positions" from the GSX menu.
Maybe GSX is not installed properly, it has to do with the right SODE?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2020, 10:17:59 am »
I can't find "customize airport positions" from the GSX menu.  Maybe GSX is not installed properly, it has to do with the right SODE?

That seems to indicate GSX couldn't find the airport you are in. Is this happening only on a specific airport ? If yes, which one ?

Raufvogel

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2020, 11:18:23 am »
I can't find "customize airport positions" from the GSX menu.  Maybe GSX is not installed properly, it has to do with the right SODE?

That seems to indicate GSX couldn't find the airport you are in. Is this happening only on a specific airport ? If yes, which one ?

Indeed, this time I switched to Amsterdam EHAM Schiphol, then it's working again, then I switched back to Frankfurt EDDF and then the AFCAD message appeared again?

EHAM

« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 11:30:57 am by Raufvogel »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2020, 12:04:52 pm »
Indeed, this time I switched to Amsterdam EHAM Schiphol, then it's working again, then I switched back to Frankfurt EDDF and then the AFCAD message appeared again?

This means, from your position, GSX couldn't find a valid AFCAD for EDDF.  You don't say which EDDF you are referring to, so we can only guess. The file might have been rejected for some reason.

You can try enabling Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and choose "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" in the Couatl menu.

After the cache has been rebuilt, exit the sim and check the log file at %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG, if it says some files has been rejected and why.

Please read this thread, and follow the suggestions there, to see other reasons why an AFCAD might be rejected:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22516.msg152017.html#msg152017

Raufvogel

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2020, 01:57:56 pm »
Thank you, I've done as you told me but I can't place the log file in this topic for you to read it, when it's only EDDF then I have to live with it.

Regards, J.