Author Topic: Pushback Direction BEFORE Parking Brake Release  (Read 8590 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback Direction BEFORE Parking Brake Release
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2020, 01:40:50 pm »
Okay, this experience might be totally dependend from one's aircraft and I can understand your point. I mostly use the FSLabs and the only time I see the windows is after brakes release.

That's just because the FS Labs integrates with GSX, so it has removed most of the menus that everybody usually see when using any other airplane.

I don't see how you could remove even *that* menu, since you cannot be sure in advance which kind of pushback you need, including the possible need to create one on the fly with a QuickEdit.

To be fair, users requested the latest possible point for a long time and most were happy the way it was since December. Having now a handful, very vocal, users requesting the opposite way does not mean that this represents the majority. And no, I (who is also very vocal) do also not represent any majority as I only express my preference. But Keith showed that I am not alone with my preference. You are better in marketing than I am but you surely know that satisfied customers are less likely to express their opinion than unhappy customers. Based on this I would guess that there are quite a few who also preferred the way I wish for as a choice.

I think you are confusing things here.

Users requested to move the Pushback direction from the old "first thing asked", to the current "last thing you do before brakes and we clearly listened, because it MADE sense but, the way it was initially made, that is *after* releasing parking brakes, wasn't realistic and I think those saying it's best as it is now, just *before* releasing brakes, which was the intention of the original request, have made way more compelling arguments compared to the one that wanted *after* brakes.

But in general, the concept NOT asking for the direction as the FIRST thing, as GSX were since it was released, is totally correct.