Author Topic: KLAX COAUTL SCRIPTING ENGINE ERROR after reinstall  (Read 3559 times)

azcat

KLAX COAUTL SCRIPTING ENGINE ERROR after reinstall
« on: January 09, 2020, 06:43:50 am »
Hi,

I recently identified that I had some of the fsdt products installed to two directories.....no clue how I did that....but I wanted to clean this up so I uninstalled everything from both directories using the various unins00x.exe withing said directories.   

I've subsequently reinstalled my fsdt products with fresh downloads of the install programs in the order GSX, KLAX, KORD.   GSX and KORD seem to be working fine.   When I try to start a flight at KLAX, I am receiving a Couatl Scripting Error just as the airport cache is finishing rebuild.   My Couatl.log file contains multiple error entries referencing Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_1_5_LOGO_HSBC'.   

I've attached the Couatl.log for your reference.

Please let me know what you think?

thanks

azcat

Re: KLAX COAUTL SCRIPTING ENGINE ERROR after reinstall
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 08:00:13 am »
Additional quick note.   I was able to fix the problem by mocking up a fake jetway in the directory  Addon Manager\Simobjects\Legacy\FSDT_SODE_jetway_logo

added model.FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_1_5_LOGO by cloning the data contained within model.FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_1_4_LOGO
added an entry to the bottom of the Sim.cfg file

[fltsim.xxx]
title = FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_1_5_LOGO_HSBC
texture = HSBC
model = FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_1_5_LOGO

This leads me to speculate that something is awry with the FSDT Live Update for KLAX.   Either the real model.FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_1_5_LOGO is missing in the directory or the fact that KLAX is expecting it is wrong.

Hope this helps....let me know what you think.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 10:47:39 am »
Please undo all your changes, and run the FSDT Live Update again.

That particular logo variant was in fact missing, we added it to P3D4 recently, but haven't added it to FSX or older P3D3. It's fixed now.

azcat

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 09:46:28 pm »
done...it works.....thanks for the quick response Umberto!

azcat

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 03:16:22 am »
Umberto, unfortunately the GSX parking marshalll does not perform any gestures and he doesn't walk after parking is complete.  He is like a statue , arms at his side    I have confirmed advanced animation are on.      The marshall that hooks up gear during push back walks ok....and pilots and crew walk during boarding.    

This seems to have happened after I ran Live Update, but I can’t be absolutely sure.

Do you have any ideas on this one?   Do you want me to log this under GSX?

« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 05:50:50 am by azcat »

azcat

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 02:21:39 am »
Umberto,

I don't know how it resolved.......I reran the update a few times, but this issue has resolved itself.....

Only thing I can think of is that as a separate maintenance item...... I had deleted the shader cache directory and was slowly having FSX rebuild.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 01:54:57 pm »
I don't know how it resolved.......I reran the update a few times, but this issue has resolved itself.....

It hasn't. We fixed it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22860.msg153705.html#msg153705

azcat

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2020, 08:17:43 pm »
Umberto

Thanks for the update!