Author Topic: I know this have been discussed before. Sorry  (Read 13027 times)

samiranks

I know this have been discussed before. Sorry
« on: November 03, 2009, 05:41:16 am »
Hi guys, I dont really post too often and I have read several post about work arounds.  But I had to unistall my fsx due to long flights and my flightsimulator will freeze for few minutes then become active.  Anyway, I uninstall all of my addons and now trying to reinstall my fsdreamteam products and getting this message at time of launching flightsim X "Flightsim has detected a problem with a third-party software program (addon)  Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library, version 2, 7, 0, 6. Company: virtuali s.a.s File: bglmanx.dll.  Do you want to run this software? (not recommended)  To avoid this message in the future, uninstall the program or disable its ability to start when running Flight Simulator.  For more information about third-party programs, contact the publisher or see http:\fsinsider.com... Now I dont know if this is the problem, but I downloaded SP1 then SP2 before adding any addons.  I even restarted windows after installing for example FLL.  I also tried to run FSX as an administrator and even without.  Thanks for the help guys in advance.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 05:48:03 am by samiranks »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I know this have been discussed before. Sorry
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 10:03:27 am »
This has been explained many times already: you can safely ignore that warning: it's an FSX bug that happens sometime when the modules config changes and newly trusted modules are added.

It's not relevant to bglmanx.dll specifically: I get this error randomly for each and every FSX 3rd party module, sometimes it's lvld.dll, sometimes it's wilco.dll, but there's no pattern: the only pattern is that it sometimes happens after a new module is installed, or after an previsously installed module has been removed.

This can be usually fixed as follows:

- Edit your %APPDATA%\microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG with a text editor. Find ALL the occurences of the bglmanx.dll and couatl.exe files in the [Trusted] section, and remove the whole line that contains either reference to those files. This will reset the trusting question.

- Reboot Windows (IMPORTANT). Don't launch FSX yet.

- Uninstall ANY scenery (or the stand-alone Addon Manager), and (IMPORTANT) reply YES to BOTH questions about removing the Addon Manager AND the Couatl engine. Reply YES to BOTH question. This is important, and it will remove all files.

- To be sure, check you don't have any bglmanx* (.dll and .dat files) in your FSX root, and you don't have the fsdreamteam\Couatl.exe. If you still have them, remove them manually.

- Reinstall the scenery you just uninstalled (or the stand-alone Addon Manager, if this is what you uninstalled in the previous step)

- Launch FSX, and note it should ask you permission to run BOTH the Addon Manager and the Couatl Scripting Engine. Reply YES to both, and reply YES to both the question made by Windows (yellow Shield) AND the question made by FSX. If you are not getting both questions, it means you haven't properly cleared the [Trusted] section in the FSX.CFG as above.

- If you get any error, disregard the fact that is suggesting not to run the module, and ALLOW the module to run. It doens't matter if the FSX crashes now.

- Try again to launch FSX, and see if it works. If still crashes, reboot Window AGAIN (IMPORTANT), and try again.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 03:02:39 am by virtuali »

samiranks

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 02:47:03 pm »
Thanks for helping. I am sorry to be a pain in asking the question again based on other posts.  I will try that later after work.  One last thing.  When I deleted the bglmanx.dll file from the root, I am not seeing the option to add my product key on the main menu page of fsx when launched or in flight mode.  Also, I see a bglmanx.aerosoft.dll in the root folder as well.  But havent installed any aerosoft addon since I reinstalled fsx.  Any idea?

Thanks and have wonderful day.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 09:55:04 pm »
When I deleted the bglmanx.dll file from the root, I am not seeing the option to add my product key on the main menu page of fsx when launched or in flight mode.

Please, follow my instructions TO THE LETTER. You said you deleted the bglmanx*.* files. But that was just one step. You need to do ALL STEPS. The next step, involved reinstalling any scenery and, of course, this will obviously restore the files that you manually deleted. The "manual delete" step, is just to be SURE you are not mix-matching files from different versions.

When files are reinstalled, you should see the Addon Manager menu in the FSX Addons menu. Provided, of course, you give it permission to run if asked.

Also, I see a bglmanx.aerosoft.dll in the root folder as well.  But havent installed any aerosoft addon since I reinstalled fsx.  Any idea?

The Addon Manager manages also some Aerosoft (and Cloud9) products so, regardless if you installed them or not, it will install also the files needed by them.

samiranks

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 06:06:03 am »
Sorry to be a pain Umberto, but I followed every step at least 5 times and still the same issue. I deleted the entire fsx.cfg and allow FSX to replace it and still the same msg as stated originally. I know this appears to be weird.  I dont know if the version of fsx makes a difference.  I have both sp1 and sp2 installed.  I also launched fsx as an administrator and without. Now the only other thing that I can think of is that I turned of the user account control. I dont know if that has anything to do with it.One last point. I also right click on the fsx icon and to properties, compatibility then run in compatibility with windows xp (service pack 2). Im lost. ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 10:30:07 am »
I dont know if the version of fsx makes a difference.  I have both sp1 and sp2 installed.

That's the only version we work with (or Accel.) and the installer will check the version anyway so, if you haven't installed sp1 + sp2, it will refuse to continue.

I also launched fsx as an administrator and without. Now the only other thing that I can think of is that I turned of the user account control. I dont know if that has anything to do with it.

Turning off UAC shouldn't hurt.

One last point. I also right click on the fsx icon and to properties, compatibility then run in compatibility with windows xp (service pack 2). Im lost. ???

No, you shouldn't run FSX in XP compatibility mode.

I still think you haven't followed all my instructions. For example, when you have got the warning message, have you ignored and ALLOWED the module to run (even if it crashes), and tried launching FSX another time, eventually after a Windows reboot, without doing anything else ?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 10:32:30 am by virtuali »

samiranks

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 01:49:38 pm »
I believe I followed all of the instructions.  And once again, thanks for taking the time to help. So I unistalled everything.  Removed anything in the trusted line in the fsx.cfg that has bglmanx or Couatl.exe. I rebooted windows. I delete any scenery from either cloud9, which is only orlando.  Then deleted any scenery that I may have installed from fsdreamteam. I remove anything in the root folder that may have either names mentioned above, plus bglmanx.dat or aerosoft etc... I reinstalled scenery.  I some cases trying the steps over again, I would restart windows before reinstalling the scenery.  I would then check to see if anything was in the fsx.cfg and also the root folder of fsx. (in some cases I would even delete the entire fsx.cfg file to make sure that I didnt forget anything). Once I launch fsx, I get the original message above in my first post. If I hit okay to run program, fsx crashes, which I was told it is okay... So I would relaunch again and it would ask the same question.  This then repeats the action if I hit okay to run.  However, if I press dont allow, fsx would launch, but of course I wouldnt see the scenery, only the jetways.  Also, I would not see the addon manager on the menu bar.  The only other thing I can think of is to recover computer, which would be a absolute pain transferring files...

Thanks,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 02:02:08 pm »
I see you are mentioning Cloud9 products. Please, be sure that you install FSDT products AFTER Cloud9 products!

Now, try the following:

- Install all Cloud9 products first

- manually remove the bglmanx*.* files from the FSX root

- Install all FSDT products

samiranks

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 08:14:45 pm »
Will try that when I get home tonight from work and see what happens.  The only item I have from cloud9 is orlando X.  Question.  When I uninstalled fsx originally I renamed the folder with all of my addons so I wouldnt lose them then have FSX installation creat the microsoft flighsimulator x folder again.  In other words before uninstalling flightsim, my root was C:/program users/microsoft games/microsoft flightsimulator x.  However, I renamed the folder to "X" after uninstalling to keep all of my files, then have the new installation created the folder.  Would that have caused any issue with the installation? Just brainstorming...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 09:16:08 pm »
When I uninstalled fsx originally I renamed the folder with all of my addons so I wouldnt lose them then have FSX installation creat the microsoft flighsimulator x folder again.

That's really a bad practice. You can't assume an addon simply copies files in the FSX folder: many do several important things at installation time so you HAVE to run their original installer, if only to have the program correctly registered on Windows uninstall list.

So, don't take such shortcuts because, as you can see, they are making you losing more time than what you expected to save.

So please, do it properly: uninstall ALL addons first, if they have an uninstaller, uninstall FSX, remove the whole FSX folder, reinstall FSX again with SP1 and SP2 and THEN, install the addons in the only proper way which is, of course, to run their own installer, one by one.

samiranks

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 09:22:13 pm »
Will do that Umberto...I just was trying not lose my Ultimate traffic set up, or World-of-ai flightplans... That could be a pain to redo from scratch.  Will unistall all of the files and put the flightplan on a jumpdrive then see what happens there.  Thanks

samiranks

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 05:06:02 am »
Hello again.  I still did not get the problem resolved. I followed through the complete process.  Deleted the extra fsx folder that I had saved my addons in.  Uninstalled the entire fsx.  Made sure nothing was remaing in the microsoft games folder in regards to fsx.  But nothing worked.  Still the same message and if I hit no to the question of do i want to launch this software, it will launch fsx. But once I hit yes (not recommended), there we go CTD. I can definitely fly fsx without the dreamteam addons, but you guys are the best and I really dont see the sense of not using the addons.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 11:08:01 am »
Maybe your problem is the antivirus.

Try the following (please, follow exactly the instructions, in exactly this order)

- Turn the antivirus OFF entirely

- remove all the bglmanx* files from the FSX root folder

- Reinstall either a scenery or the stand-alone Addon Manager. Don't run FSX yet

- Configure your antivirus to ignore the FSX\bglmanx.dll file

- Turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX

samiranks

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 04:38:55 pm »
Will comply Umberto.  Thanks for your help. I really appreciate the excellent customer service.  ;)

samiranks

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 11:00:48 pm »
Hi Umberto, I wanted to give you an update.  I never got the scenery to work even with the last post you made.  I had to recover my computer from factory.  Its okay, because I only use this CPU for FSX so I can afford to do that.  I dont know what the issue could have been.  But after the re installation everything worked fine.