Author Topic: Invisible barrier causing airplane to bounce on taxiway A south of the bridge  (Read 4059 times)

p3dx3

Can you fix the small mesh issue when setting mesh 1m in p3d, right on taxiway A past A6 once you are crossing over the bridge going east on taxiway A, my airplane bounces up and down once running over some invisible barrier. It only happens with mesh 1m slider and I need this for other scenery. Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
It only happens with mesh 1m slider and I need this for other scenery.

There's no such barrier anywhere in the scenery, it's just an artifact caused by rounding errors in the mesh handling, which can change depending which mesh you use and on the area, but you can be sure the airport scenery itself is entirely flattened.

That's why the KLAX manual says:

Keep the “Mesh Resolution” slider at 5m/pixel, and the “Mesh Complexity” slider at 100. With less resolution, some visual problems might appear.

In some cases, the visual problems might also appear at higher resolutions the scenery was tested with.

p3dx3

Is there any chance to fix it by providing a mesh to smooth the airport area? You include a mesh bgl in the Las Vegas scenery product.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 12:21:34 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Is there any chance to fix it by providing a mesh to smooth the airport area? You include a mesh bgl in the Las Vegas scenery product.

Of course we already provide a mesh but, depending on your mesh complexity settings and your other installed meshes, those spikes cannot always be prevented, it's not as if we have them in our mesh (it's entirely flat all over the airport), they are caused by the sim, after it has combined all the installed meshes, and are the result of rounding errors if you set the complexity too high.

p3dx3

Of course we already provide a mesh but, depending on your mesh complexity settings and your other installed meshes, those spikes cannot always be prevented, it's not as if we have them in our mesh (it's entirely flat all over the airport), they are caused by the sim, after it has combined all the installed meshes, and are the result of rounding errors if you set the complexity too high.

I use FreeMeshX, Orbx Southern California, and because of a large number of sceneries, 1m mesh slider setting in p3d. I wish there was a way to fix that one little spike :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Again, by keeping the “Mesh Resolution” slider at 5m/pixel, and the “Mesh Complexity” slider at 100, as the manual says.