Author Topic: No buildings  (Read 5681 times)

AirBorne

No buildings
« on: January 04, 2020, 05:30:20 am »
OK, here we go, just landed at PHTO and no buildings appear whatsoever. There are old jetways (CTRL+J) showing, but no buildings, only black baked base. CUATL is showing in the menu, a restart does not solve it, a restart with regeneration does not solve it.
It's funny also that there is an Update option which says that the simulator does not need to be reloaded - but guess what - when I try to run it just says the simulator is running and as such it can't update.
P3D latest version as of today.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 02:51:48 pm »
It's funny also that there is an Update option which says that the simulator does not need to be reloaded - but guess what - when I try to run it just says the simulator is running and as such it can't update.

Such option doesn't exist anymore since a couple of years. The Live Update notification should always tell you a simulator restart is required.

Are you sure you are running the latest version of all our installers and haven't, for example, overwritten the latest version with an older installer you downloaded a while ago, one that didn't used the current Live Update ?

AirBorne

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 12:12:34 am »
I didnt even know latest installers were needed. Maybe the live update program could advise the user that the installer isn't the latest, would it be possible to implement?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 03:13:06 pm »
I didnt even know latest installers were needed. Maybe the live update program could advise the user that the installer isn't the latest, would it be possible to implement?

The current Live Update doesn't need anything, and it will update everything.

But if you downgraded the Live Update *itself* using an older installer which came with the old Live Update ( before 2017 ), it cannot possibly know about this, so it will update using an old server and an old method, the one that made a difference between updates that could be applied without restarting the sim and those that couldn't. That's the only explanation compatible with your report.

AirBorne

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 06:00:20 am »
Not the case in my rig, I never installed an old version of live update. But I had an old version of a Hawaiian airport that the current (latest version) of the live update DID NOT detect as being out of date. That's why I asked if it was not possible to make the live update to inform that the version needs to be updated (as a matter of fact the live update should do the job, isn't it supposed to update things anyway?).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 01:53:55 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm my previous post. The current version of the Live Update will surely update every FSDT product you have installed.

Of course, there's an exception. If you manually created DONTOUCH files to prevent the updater to update a certain folder, the Live Update will of course do what you asked, and skip that folder. That's the only possible explanation of an update using the current Live Update which would "fail" to update something. Of course, the eventual presence of a DONTOUCH file is logged in the updater text window.

AirBorne

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 02:58:21 am »
Sorry to say the contrary, but it didn't happen in my rig. Apparently I had an older version of Hawaiian airport which was not showing terminal building(s). Live Update never updated it (of course there is no one DONTUPDATE/DONTOUCH file within) and the issue was ONLY solved after I uninstalled the aforementioned scenery and then installed it again (after I downloaded new installation file). I'm not saying this right or wrong, just saying it was my recent experience.

AirBorne

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 03:03:27 am »
One more thing: is it possible that there's something broken regarding Live Update in my system? When I go to

Couatl Live Update --> Check Live Update

I get

1 - Re-install the latest update (doesn't require quitting the sim)

But you have confirmed it does not exist anymore and every update nowadays do require the simulator to be closed, is that right? So?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 12:29:08 pm »
1 - Re-install the latest update (doesn't require quitting the sim)

Yes, the text was still outdated, and in fact is misleading. But you must have noticed selecting that option doesn't do anything, because the only way to update now, is to quit and start the Live Update.

We updated the text to make this clear in the current update.