Author Topic: 28C ILS won't come alive  (Read 8697 times)

Papagiorgio

28C ILS won't come alive
« on: January 01, 2020, 08:42:37 pm »
Flying the PMDG 737NGXu in 28C.  On final within 5 miles, 108.95 set on both nav radios, 273 set on both courses.  ILS showing on PFD.  White diamonds don't show up on PFD. If I turn on APP or LOC on the MCP,  I get the magenta diamonds on both the glide scope and localizer.  FAC and GP show in the annunciator.  This means that I'm not getting the ILS signal, even when I'm 5miles out from the runway.  I did approaches on the other runways and everthing was fine.  Just 28C is the problem.  I checked the map in P3D and the frequencies are correct.  I'ved checked the AFCAD in use and that is also correct, KORD_ADEX_FSDT.bgl
I suspect it is a scenery issue but cannot figure what the problem is.  ILS 28C is set in the FMC, NOT RNAV.

Papagiorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 28C ILS won't come alive
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 10:39:48 am »
I checked the map in P3D and the frequencies are correct.  I'ved checked the AFCAD in use and that is also correct, KORD_ADEX_FSDT.bgl I suspect it is a scenery issue but cannot figure what the problem is.  ILS 28C is set in the FMC, NOT RNAV.

That's NOT a scenery issue, which you can easily confirm if you open the KORD V2 AFCAD with ADE, it will show 28C ILS is correctly set with its proper frequency of 108.95, and it's proper ID IVZE

Before saying it's a scenery problem, it's always best to check with a default airplane first.

The PMDG airplanes, as far as I know, do not "tune" the ILS from the scenery, like default airplanes do, they rely on their own Navdata so, if something doesn't work, especially on an airport like this that most of its runways updated, it's usually a problem of not having updated the airplane own Navdata.

As you can see in the attached screenshot, 28C IVZE ILS works just fine with a default 737, showing the scenery is not a problem.

Papagiorgio

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 12:28:22 am »
I've checked it with the default Bravo, and it does not pickup the localizer or glide scope.  It will pick it up from the other end, 10C but not 28C.  So this is not the plane, it has to be the scenery.  The frequencies and the course are correct, so what else can it be? 

Papagiorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 02:07:25 pm »
I've checked it with the default Bravo, and it does not pickup the localizer or glide scope.  It will pick it up from the other end, 10C but not 28C.  So this is not the plane, it has to be the scenery.

That's precisely the reason why I posted a screenshot from of the default 737, showing the 28C ILS being picked up, using the correct frequency and the correct ID, to prove is NOT the scenery. Find attached a screenshot of the default Mooney Bravo, which is working as well.

The frequencies and the course are correct, so what else can it be?

Another scenery in conflict, for example.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 07:47:39 pm »
 It looks like he may have an issue with the old 32L ILS which was also 108.95 but id'd as IRVG.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 03:09:55 pm »
It looks like he may have an issue with the old 32L ILS which was also 108.95 but id'd as IRVG

If he does, is not coming from FSDT KORD, since all the old ILS has been correctly orphaned in ADE, which means they have been moved out of their runway and set to 108.00 with a "do not use" flag.

Dimon

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 03:25:50 pm »
Ok,

I'm confirming the issue that both 10R/28L and 10C/28C do not pick up the signal as their current frequencies are de-facto OLD 14/32 frequencies.

1. I have 2001 Navaids DB for PMDG/FSLans
2. No other sceneries, no conflict sceneries, no duplicate ADE files. i know the drill as I have been dealing with AFCAD/ADE for 18 years since day one.

I will dig down later tonight into both Navigraph DB and look how ADE file for KORD was constructed. Perhaps there is no easy solution for this situation except for disabling default Navaids first (very tricky thing). OR assign fake frequencies and memorize them for your next flight.
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 05:11:14 pm »
I'm confirming the issue that both 10R/28L and 10C/28C do not pick up the signal as their current frequencies are de-facto OLD 14/32 frequencies.

I already posted two screenshots showing 28C ILS working fine with two different default airplanes. Here's another one, this time with the PMDG 737 NGUx:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/images/ils_kord_28c_pmdg_OK.jpg

srcooke

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 05:21:51 pm »
PMDG & FSL 28C, no problem here:

Regards
Stephen Cooke

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 01:37:27 am »
Run live update and let it replace the airport file. Fixed.

sticky1202

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 04:04:31 pm »
Sitting on runway 28L, nav tuned to 110.75, and I'm getting an ID of IIDN. Any idea where this could be coming from? It is not aligned with the runway for sure.

Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2020, 01:56:57 pm »
Sitting on runway 28L, nav tuned to 110.75, and I'm getting an ID of IIDN. Any idea where this could be coming from? It is not aligned with the runway for sure.

It's surely not coming from FSDT O'Hare, since the only ILS in the scenery on the 110.75 frequency is IVQX, and it's surely aligned to the runway. The IIDN was the ID used by the old rwy 32, and we orphaned it by setting it to 108.00, which is the correct method used in ADE to remove an ILS that doesn't exists anymore, which is re-defining it with a different frequency.

Find in the attached screenshots, 28L works fine when tuning 110.75, and is correctly ID-ed as IVQX, both in the default 737 and in the PMDG NGXu

sticky1202

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2020, 02:27:54 pm »
I have been having the same problem with both 28L, and 28C. What I have determined is, the original ADE that comes with the scenery works as designed. The problem arises when I edit the ADE, (parking spots and changed the order of the runways) compile it, change the name to the original file name, I get the wrong navaids (IE IRVG for 28C). Something gets changed after the edit, I just don't know what. Any ideas?  ???

Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2020, 03:10:28 pm »
What I have determined is, the original ADE that comes with the scenery works as designed.

Of course it does.

Something gets changed after the edit, I just don't know what. Any ideas?  ???

Could be you lose the exclusions, ADE has the ability to choose if keep the exclusion rectangles either inside the AFCAD, or in a separate file. We keep them inside the AFCAD but, if your ADE is compiled with the option to have them separate, your compiled AFCAD won't contain the exclusion areas anymore, so it won't exclude the default navaids, which has been replaced.

sticky1202

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2020, 11:55:38 pm »
Could be you lose the exclusions, ADE has the ability to choose if keep the exclusion rectangles either inside the AFCAD, or in a separate file. We keep them inside the AFCAD but, if your ADE is compiled with the option to have them separate, your compiled AFCAD won't contain the exclusion areas anymore, so it won't exclude the default navaids, which has been replaced.

I've gone over all my ADE (program) settings and can't seem to find that particular setting. Could you please point me in the correct direction? Attached is what I have now.

Jim