Author Topic: P3d V5 no jetways at KORD. Have them at CYVR  (Read 2418 times)

hawkhero

P3d V5 no jetways at KORD. Have them at CYVR
« on: April 19, 2020, 05:36:11 pm »
Anyone know why I would not have jetways showing at KORD? Have them at CYVR. The only 2 airports I installed in P3d V5. I also have Traffic Global running.
Thanks for any help,
Greg

hawkhero

Re: P3d V5 no jetways at KORD. Have them at CYVR
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 12:19:50 am »
I uninstalled Traffic Global and now have jetways at KORD! Not sure why Traffic Global would do that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3d V5 no jetways at KORD. Have them at CYVR
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 11:36:57 am »
As explained so many times on the forum, when you install an AI Traffic product that comes with its own AFCAD files, it will likely cause problems and conflicts if you have an add-on for the same airport they supply an alternative AFCAD for.

This is even more a problem in P3D V5, since a lot of default airports have been updated, so AFCAD files made previous versions won't work anymore. In the best case, the default airport would be "downgraded" to 2006, since the replacement AFCAD was made using the original FSX data ( which was in use up to P3D 4.5 ), but most likely you'll see missing objects or double objects, or both.

That goes into the general suggestion of NOT installing everything you have in P3D V5, without first checking with the developer if it's safe to do so, if they have an update, etc.