Author Topic: GSX2 already made for addon scenery  (Read 2130 times)

johnk51

GSX2 already made for addon scenery
« on: January 01, 2020, 10:12:35 am »
I've noticed that loading gsx2 scenery from I.E. inibuilds or others.  My afcad doesn't match the gsx2.  P3D4.5 looks at the afcad for the size of the parking space, but sometimes I think I'm going to a Heavy spot and I get spot to small.  Then I look at the gsx and it might say medium or small.  I have to go through all my parking spots that have gates and make sure they are the same, and even change what airlines are at that gate.
John K

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX2 already made for addon scenery
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 11:13:44 am »
GSX reads the Parking Type ( Small/Medium/Heavy ) from the scenery AFCAD, but if a GSX customization exists, it will always take precedence over the underlying AFCAD so, even if you change the AFCAD, GSX will read the .INI file, assuming it was made for *that* AFCAD.

Not that this has any effect on GSX or the simulator itself. The simulator will always use the AFCAD data, since it doesn't know anything about the GSX .INI file. In GSX, the parking Type only affects the kind of operators chosen ( Cargo or non-Cargo ), but the Small/Medium/Heavy doesn't matter, the only thing GSX reads is the actual parking radius.