Author Topic: GSX2 NOT AVAILABLE **SOLVED**  (Read 5318 times)

danielfs9

GSX2 NOT AVAILABLE **SOLVED**
« on: December 22, 2019, 08:17:03 pm »
Hello,

I've been having this problem lately. Boarding proces is getting stuck the way that the front cargo won't move from his position (the one at the aft closes the cargo door and go away from the aircraft) but the guy in front doesn't. This of course messes up the boarding process (the cabin crew can't call boarding complete). I re-cache and rebuild to reset. When i hit LCTRL+SHIFT+F12 to get the window it doesn't show up (even if i go to Add-on and scrolll down to GSX2 and then click on it, it doesn't pop-up. And finally I land at the airport but no GSX at all (can't even find him on the add-on list)./
P3dv4.5
SODE 1.65
Addon Manager is present and visible.

What can be the problem?
Thank you
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 05:00:20 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX2 NOT AVAILABLE
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 10:46:01 am »
Please indicate all the following:

- The precise, exact sequence of operation you chose in GSX

- The airplane used

- The airport used

- The gate used, indicate if it has a jetway and if yes, which kind.

danielfs9

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 04:12:12 pm »
Please indicate all the following:

- The airplane used

- The airport used

This is extremely frustrating, because I do everything the same and suddenly I have problems I didn't have before.
Sequence via FSLabs ATSU *refueling, than boarding and cargo"
It happened at Heathrow  gate 521 (Aerosoft mega) it happened also at some other airport (i think Brussels not sure)  

Now, I am no programmer and I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful but, if the GSX disappeared completely from my ADD ON list what does it change what gate I am coming to or airport, i could have land at Gatwick or any other airport or gate and the GSX still would disappear, correct?
This particular flight I was taking off from Copenhagen.
But the same issue of the boarding being stucked and the cargo no finishing his operation also happened at Geneva airport.

And while I am writing all that I was just about to start a new flight. Yesterday I was browsing this forum to try to find any other post mentioning my same problem (they are over 400 pages of this forum) so its impossible to look everywhere and go by search is also impossible because everyone explains his/her problem with their own word. Somewhere I found your (Virtuali) reply to delete this folder C:\ProgramData\Virtuali then to download the latest exe file from FSDreamteam and reinstall the GSX - which i did yesterday.
Now, I am at EGLL stand 513. Sode is here, GSX2 is here. When i click Operate Jetways the jetways just go to the other side (see pic) - I already had this issue but i don't remember what i did to solved it.

before>

https://i.imgur.com/30ycSQr.png

After calling to operate jetway

https://i.imgur.com/EVW56gL.png

Thank you

« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 04:13:56 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 04:16:11 pm »
Now, I am no programmer and I don't mean to be rude or disrespectful but, if the GSX disappeared completely from my ADD ON list what does it change what gate I am coming to or airport, i could have land at Gatwick or any other airport or gate and the GSX still would disappear, correct?

It obviously make a *huge* difference, that's why I asked. I wouldn't asked, if it didn't.

This particular flight I was taking off from Copenhagen.  But the same issue of the boarding being stucked and the cargo no finishing his operation also happened at Geneva airport.

Doesn't reply to any of my questions:

- The airplane used

- The airport used

About jetways, do you use a custom GSX profile ? If yes, which one ?

danielfs9

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 04:31:32 pm »

It obviously make a *huge* difference, that's why I asked. I wouldn't asked, if it didn't.

This particular flight I was taking off from Copenhagen.  But the same issue of the boarding being stucked and the cargo no finishing his operation also happened at Geneva airport.

Doesn't reply to any of my questions:

As I already wrote via FSLAbs ATSU refueling than boarding

- The airplane used

AS writen above FSLABs

- The airport used

As written above EGLL on arrival and COpenhagen on departure (also happened at Geneva)

As written above 521 at EGLL, C27 at Copenhagen (32 at LSGG)

About jetways, do you use a custom GSX profile ? If yes, which one ?

I use all profiles from from XAVI

Hope you have all details now,
LEt me know

danielfs9

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 04:39:35 pm »

And while I am writing all that I was just about to start a new flight. Yesterday I was browsing this forum to try to find any other post mentioning my same problem (they are over 400 pages of this forum) so its impossible to look everywhere and go by search is also impossible because everyone explains his/her problem with their own word. Somewhere I found your (Virtuali) reply to delete this folder C:\ProgramData\Virtuali then to download the latest exe file from FSDreamteam and reinstall the GSX - which i did yesterday.
Now, I am at EGLL stand 513. Sode is here, GSX2 is here. When i click Operate Jetways the jetways just go to the other side (see pic) - I already had this issue but i don't remember what i did to solved it.

before>

https://i.imgur.com/30ycSQr.png

After calling to operate jetway

https://i.imgur.com/EVW56gL.png

I did uninstall the SODE and reinstalled it then again placed the XAVI profiles and I now the jetways are operating at EGLL.

danielfs9

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 05:03:19 pm »
Umberto, this was not the original issue (the issue that was solved is the one I encountered today).
I still need to know what had happened for the GSX to disappear.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2019, 05:12:46 pm »
I still need to know what had happened for the GSX to disappear.

Then should provide with the precise, exact reproduction steps that results in GSX disappearing.

danielfs9

Re: GSX2 NOT AVAILABLE **SOLVED**
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2019, 09:05:25 pm »
What do you mean by that? I explained you already the sequence? I don't understand...

Everything is done via the FsLabs ATSU refuelling after refuelling the boarding and the boarding gut stucked as explained above. then i had to recache so i can continue with my flight. Puscback with UGCX, taxi take off and when I landed no GSX at all under the addons.

I really don't understand what else i need to write you down.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2020, 01:17:20 pm »
Everything is done via the FsLabs ATSU refuelling after refuelling the boarding and the boarding gut stucked as explained above. then i had to recache so i can continue with my flight. Puscback with UGCX, taxi take off and when I landed no GSX at all under the addons.

Please try using a different airplane, one in which GSX works normally, and it's not controlled by the airplane itself.

danielfs9

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2020, 06:13:24 pm »
What do you mean exactly? Changing the aircraft that i am flying by another one? I fly only one aircraft type, the GSX was working...now it doesn't so I am not sure that my aircraft is causing this.  We need to find a better solution than this one. And please erase the "solved" part od the topic as the issues hasn't be solved.
It is happening more and more lately. The boarding just freezes. Today the Coutl totally disappeared (i posted it under other topic).

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2020, 07:02:58 pm »
What do you mean exactly? Changing the aircraft that i am flying by another one? I fly only one aircraft type, the GSX was working...now it doesn't so I am not sure that my aircraft is causing this. 

And that's PRECISELY why I asked to try a different airplane, since you are using the FS Labs, and this airplane controls GSX so, the reason for my question was to know if the problem you are having happens with GSX, or within the airplane code that is controlling it.

So, please, try doing the same with another airplane, one that is not supposed to control GSX itself.

danielfs9

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2020, 02:45:59 pm »
Hi,

I did try with Quality 787.
Called refueling
Called boarding / Entered the number of pax / boarding started with cargo and somewhere during boarding it just stopped and I had to re cache

Now, as it happens quite often when i re cache sometimes the GSX and Couatl just disappear from the ADDon list in my sim and I would like to get it back I would have to restart the sim. Which I dont do because, after almost an hour of pre flight routine it doesn't make any sense.

hope it helps,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2020, 08:11:37 pm »
Called boarding / Entered the number of pax / boarding started with cargo and somewhere during boarding it just stopped and I had to re cache

There wasn't any need to rebuild the cache, the only time you MIGHT need to do that, is when you add/remove/rename a scenery, and GSX is not detecting the change at start (usually after a rename), there are no reasons why you would have to rebuild the cache in the middle of an operation.

It's not possible to help you with such a sparse description like "somewhere during boarding it just stopped". Exactly when ? Have you seen any errors when it stopped ? Are you sure it stopped ? Was the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu of the sim still there ? If yes, what the main GSX menu said about the service status ?

danielfs9

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2020, 04:28:42 pm »

There wasn't any need to rebuild the cache, the only time you MIGHT need to do that, is when you add/remove/rename a scenery, and GSX is not detecting the change at start (usually after a rename), there are no reasons why you would have to rebuild the cache in the middle of an operation.

It's not possible to help you with such a sparse description like "somewhere during boarding it just stopped". Exactly when ? Have you seen any errors when it stopped ? Are you sure it stopped ? Was the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu of the sim still there ? If yes, what the main GSX menu said about the service status ?

Well if the GSX freezes and nothing happens the only way to restart the whole process is by rebuild the cache.
When I say "somewhere during boarding it just stopped". means literally there. So I see the message bar updating all the time about the boarding process 67/119 and then nothing. The cargo is stopped in the middle, boarding also and when i hit ctrl+shift+f12 the menu is not showing up, even if I go the Addonss, GSX2, Show Menu, it doesn't show.
No errors showing nothing.