Author Topic: Confirming Good Engine Start  (Read 2586 times)

NickFlightX

Confirming Good Engine Start
« on: December 19, 2019, 12:15:40 am »
This is a great new feature!

I always thought this was something GSX could use. Id like to give my comments however.

With the confirming good engine start, I think it would be good for time sake to have the truck disconnect while waiting for the confirmation. Ive seen that the ground crew will push a plane, then detach from the nose gear, and wait right in front of the gear for the call for good engine start from the pilots. Having to give the command, then wait for the ramper to walk in and disconnect is a lot longer of a process than I think it needs to be.

Heres an example:

Another idea I had was it would be cool on that menu to have a return to gate option. If after the disconnect there is a problem, then it cool to have GSX tow you back to the gate.

Just my thoughts.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Confirming Good Engine Start
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 11:37:46 am »
Another idea I had was it would be cool on that menu to have a return to gate option. If after the disconnect there is a problem, then it cool to have GSX tow you back to the gate.

This will come when we'll add the generic capability for GSX pushback to go in reverse, which will allow pull to gate, gate-to-gate towing and return to gate.