Author Topic: Runway lights  (Read 5870 times)

geoffbecks

Runway lights
« on: October 25, 2009, 02:15:26 am »
Hello
 Is there any reason the rny lights are so badly lit. I flew in with bad weather and the lights were not visable untill the last second....they should be seen from quite a way out.....this is very poor, shame cos it's a great scenery and someting this silly lets it down. plearse can we have a fix so that way if some folks like it as it is then they dont need to do a thing, I personaly would like to see things realistic and that means good lights
  thanks for any help you might offer
 geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Runway lights
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 02:25:21 pm »
JFK doesn't use custom runway lights, but standard ones generated by flightsim so, their appearance will be the same at every other airport that use the same kind of lighting.

geoffbecks

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 05:36:14 pm »
Then have you any idea why the night lighting at this airport only is awful, maybe I should think about a custom set of lights....? I have no vasi lights at all on the approach at night time, but never noticed this on any other runway, add on or standard....I wonder if anyone else has this problem.??
Any help would ne great....
   geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 01:12:50 pm »
Then have you any idea why the night lighting at this airport only is awful

You're the first one reporting it, I'll check but, have you installed something related to light effects that is not default ?

geoffbecks

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 07:34:48 pm »
Hi
 I sorted things out, you said you are using standard runway lights so i switched the textures using  aptltv2.zip from flightsim.com and now they are nice and clear. I fly on line and use ASA for the weather and the first time I flew into JFK's rny 22L, no run in lights & it was appauling weather so that might have had something to do with it, but now its sorted. looking forward to KDFW.
 Geoff