Author Topic: KORDv2 AFCAD (KORD_ADEX_FSDT) does not compile  (Read 3609 times)

garpower

KORDv2 AFCAD (KORD_ADEX_FSDT) does not compile
« on: December 14, 2019, 12:57:53 pm »
I've noticed there are many points where AI get stuck, as they taxi to/from runways and gates. I know this is a limitation of P3D (and other flightsims) but, to try and alleviate the issue somewhat, I've used ScruffyDuck's ADE to change some taxiways and close one runway for takeoff. The project saves successfully but will not compile using ADE v1.75. Tried decompiling the .bgl to .xml but got the error message - "Unknown ID 62 found in airport record".
Any ideas why and, more importantly, how to compile for a new version of the AFCAD? Yes, I know I must not change the filename. THANKS A MIL!

Btw, otherwise and other than those pesky vehicles jumping over the bridge, I'm enjoying this spectacular scenery.

garpower

Re: KORDv2 AFCAD (KORD_ADEX_FSDT) does not compile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 06:29:51 pm »
....any help/tip for getting this AFCAD file modified would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 12:42:17 pm »
KORD V2 is a 100% native P3D4 scenery, including the AFCAD, which means you must set ADE to work in P3D4 mode.

p3dx3

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 06:40:15 pm »
I've noticed there are many points where AI get stuck, as they taxi to/from runways and gates. I know this is a limitation of P3D (and other flightsims) but, to try and alleviate the issue somewhat, I've used ScruffyDuck's ADE to change some taxiways and close one runway for takeoff. The project saves successfully but will not compile using ADE v1.75. Tried decompiling the .bgl to .xml but got the error message - "Unknown ID 62 found in airport record".
Any ideas why and, more importantly, how to compile for a new version of the AFCAD? Yes, I know I must not change the filename. THANKS A MIL!

Btw, otherwise and other than those pesky vehicles jumping over the bridge, I'm enjoying this spectacular scenery.

It does not compile due to this I found http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22626.0.html you fix the 4 errors it lists, shortcut is the bottom left of ADE will be a red button that turns green once you fix them, click the red button for the 4 entries of errors. Whether ADE bug or not fixing the runway name and the lengths making to 3.4 feet I can now compile the afcad in ADE.

garpower

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 02:15:51 am »
Thanks 413x3! I’m away from my PC for the next couple days but will act on your suggestion and report back.
Virtuali, every other (also “native P3D”) compile without issue. Again I’ve found your obfuscation unhelpful.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 04:12:47 pm »
Virtuali, every other (also “native P3D”) compile without issue. Again I’ve found your obfuscation unhelpful.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, we haven't "obfuscated" anything. Our AFCAD is 100% plain standard SDK.

If every other "native" P3D scenery compiles even with ADE set in FSX mode, it's because those sceneries were just ported over from FSX, and maybe recompiled with the P3D SDK ( if ever ), but since there weren't *made* for P3D4 right from the start, they might not use some specific commands that are only available in the P3D4 SDK.

And of course, the record 62, is NOT something we made up to "obfuscate" the AFCAD, it's an OFFICIAL command from the P3D4 SDK, since both the taxiway and the runway records have changed to include a custom material id, and these P3D4-specific records can only be found in airports that has been created with the P3D4 SDK right from the start.