Author Topic: No Buildings  (Read 8820 times)

Ebikoner0815

No Buildings
« on: July 20, 2009, 08:36:23 pm »
Hi

I just installed ZurichX. I see the Addon Manager an the Product ist marked as ACTIVE. But i only see the Gates in the air. They are no bulidings at the airport area  ???

I used the installer from the main downloadsite

Any idea :)

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Buildings
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 10:15:07 pm »
There are many threads about solutions for this problem, which is not really specific to Zurich, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1597.0
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2019.0

Try to follow all the suggestions given in those threads first.

moey124

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 05:50:01 am »
hey i just installed a trial version of the zurich there are no bulidings no runways lines etc. i was reading through the forum and i was really confused. can somebody give me step to step details how to properly make it work, i tried also to install the update but it coulnt install. i am using windows vista 32 bit. thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 01:12:05 pm »
The most likely issue is a faulty antivirus program. Try this:

- Reboot Windows

- Turn off your antivirus

- Reinstall the Scenery

- Configure your antivirus to ignore the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe file from scanning.

- Configure your antivirus to ignore the FSX\bglmanx.dll file from scanning.

- Turn the antivirus back on, then launch FSX

moey124

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 02:58:16 pm »
 do you know how to stop make my norton 360 anti virus from working? i am trying to figure it out.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 03:22:10 pm »
do you know how to stop make my norton 360 anti virus from working? i am trying to figure it out.

Have a look at this thread, it lists how to temporarily turn off the most popular antivirus products:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=114351&view=findpost&p=649843

moey124

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 05:26:49 pm »
i am going to give it a try. then i will tell you. thanks.

olekga

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 02:32:53 am »
Hello, i have another kind of this problem has occured on my computer(OS windows7). I have Zurich 1.5.1 for fsx. When I run FSX, there are no buildings and i don´t have the couatl menue. If I run the setup for the stand-alone addon manager before i run FSX i always have buildings and couatl menu. i´ve read all topic i try the suggested things like deinstall, deactivate antivirus, reinstall, hinder antivirus from scanning, i´ve checked xml.exe.
you know, everything is fine. I just don´t want to install the addon manager every i start fsx.

lookink forward for your reply.

best regards

alex
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 02:34:58 am by olekga »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 10:02:39 am »
There's absolutely no reason why the stand-alone Addon Manager would work, and the Zurich not.

Both installers installer exactly the same set of files, that are taken from the internet from the same location so, regardless of what you are installing, the files are just the same, just that Zurich installer has the scenery files as well, but they are otherwise identical.

Instead of keep installing and reinstalling, try to follow the suggestion that has been given: don't worry if the Couatl menu doesn't appear at the first start. Exit from FSX, start it again, and check the menu. Eventually, try rebooting Windows between tries.

Of course, assuming you already have correctly configured the antivirus (IF the antivirus is the culprit, of course), which means always installing with the antivirus real time protection turned OFF, and configuring it to exclude the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe folders.

olekga

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 01:38:11 pm »
Ok, thanks for the quick answer. The problems was i didn´t exclude the whole couatl folder but only couatl.exe. I works fine now.
now i can fully enjoy the great scenery.
This support forum and the provided help is magnificent! you can be sure to have one more content customer who will soon have some more of your products!